Make Yourself A #GirlBoss On Campus This Semester

Want to be the ultimate girl boss this semester? Dominate your academic career with these five girl boss tips to help you get through your semester days!

202

Many people equate the term ‘girl boss’ to Sophia Amoruso, success or even wealth. But being a girl boss means you’re killing it at getting your stuff done whether it’s in the spirit of an entrepreneur or your everyday life tasks.

In this case, you’re a girl boss on campus! Knocking out assignments, studying day in and day out, handling your business! In case you’re having trouble keeping up with your girl-bossness, here are five tips on how to dominate this semester while keeping your girl boss level high!

1. Sleep

Sleep is a very important factor in being a girl boss! This includes going to bed early and rising early. Yes, getting up early is included... I know. It may suck to get up early, but this is how you can tackle and get the most out of your day. You’ll also feel more motivated and energetic to get things done! If you already start your days early because of class, great! If you have later classes, try to wake up around 6-7 a.m. to maximize your

day. So sleep will be your best friend the night before. Try going to bed at 10-11 p.m., if you can help it. Never try to run on less than 7 hours of sleep, your brain will not function correctly.

2. Fighting procrastination

We ALLLLLLLL do it. We dread reading for a certain class, doing an assignment, writing a paper, or even doing some of our daily habits. Whatever the case may be, fighting procrastination is going to help you kill the semester ahead. My advice? Set your timer for ONE hour. Designate a task to do during that one hour and FOCUS only on that task at hand.

Doing this method will eliminate your brain from wanting to wander off and do other things. You’ll focus and become determined to finish the task at hand. Once the timer ends, you can do the things that you want to do. It’s all about work versus reward... you do the work and then reward yourself in the end.

3. Learning to see everything as a chance to learn

This, in my opinion, is critical. We are our worst enemies and our biggest judges. When it comes to academics, this applies as well. There’s always going to be a quiz you didn’t do so well on or a test you didn’t quite pass, but you wanted to. However, it’s always best to find that silver lining in everything.

Despite not passing or doing well, use that experience as a chance to learn from your mistakes, so you can do better on the next test or the next quiz. The same goes for assignments and everyday situations in life. We must take negative experiences and mold them into learning opportunities, opportunities to grow and expand ourselves into better versions of ourselves.

4. Learning to prioritize and balance your life

The first week of class, everyone receives a syllabus from their professors that outlines the class, as well as the readings and assignments that will be due. Take advantage of your syllabus! Use your planner, have some colored pens handy, and color code your classes. Once you color-code your classes, write down all the important due dates for assignments, quizzes, and tests. Prioritizing your life will keep you on track with everything you need to know to have a successful semester.

Along with prioritizing comes BALANCE! It’s easy to get overwhelmed with everything we do during the semester: classes, clubs, organizations, internships, sororities...it’s always best to find a little balance in our lives. The best way to gain balance over everything you have going on in your life is to manage your time wisely and prioritize! Make sure that everything is getting equal attention so that you don’t feel overwhelmed by doing one task over another.

5. Knowing that you are not perfect but self-correcting anyways

STOP being so hard on yourself! We all make mistakes in life, we all make mistakes in our academic career. It’s not going to be the end of the world. That’s the problem that many of us have, we have trouble living with our mistakes because we expect everything to be perfect. What’s best is to SELF-CORRECT, to realize where we made our mistakes and how we can avoid them again in the future. Never get yourself down when you make mistakes, it’s going to be OK! Realize that everyone has probably been in the same situation that you have been in.

SO TAKE THIS SEMESTER HEAD ON!!! Learn to love yourself, your mistakes, and take care of yourself this semester with these amazing tips to make sure you're always on your toes this year!