5 Best Full-Coverage Foundations Under $15

Full, beautiful glam - straight from the drugstore.

23539
DramaticMac

I mean, I don't have any certifications or anything but, at this point, I would probably consider myself a foundation expert. Believe me when I say, I've tried them all –– especially when it comes to drugstore foundations, because I don't always have the money to go to Sephora, but I do always have the need for good foundation. I'm not one of those perfect-skinned people, either.

I'm pasty, and it's so damn difficult to find the right shade. Some parts of my face are oily, some are dry. I have big pores, and acne scars. I can't settle for just any foundation. It's been a long, painful journey, but I've finally found my Top 5 Full-Coverage Foundations from the drugstore. They've withstood the test of my face. Want to know the best part? The most money that you'll shell out for any of these foundations.

5. Rimmel London Stay Matte

This baby was my first foundation. In middle and high school, I slathered about half a tube of this on my face daily... with my hands. Pro Tip: Don't. A teeny-tiny bit of this stuff goes a very long way. It is, without a doubt, one of the fullest coverage foundations I have ever put on.

The limitations? It becomes very cakey, very quickly - make sure to use a very small amount. It can also become greasy, if not set properly. Use a good primer and a lightweight setting powder, or fine spray. Ultimately, this foundation will cover anything you need it to, and it's less than five dollars.

4. Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème

This foundation is relatively new. I tried it earlier last year, and was amazed by its coverage. I was not a fan of the previous Revlon ColorStay foundations, so the fact that I didn't hate this one was surprising. It is, however, very similar to the Rimmel London Stay Matte in the way that it can get thick and greasy. So, again, don't use too much, and use a good setting powder or spray.

You'll find that this foundation dries beautifully - not too matte, so it leaves a dewy glow. It retails around $12, but I've found it's on clearance a lot. Long story short, this foundation takes a bit of finesse to get it to look just right. But, once you do, it looks absolutely beautiful.

3. L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte

Beauty bloggers worldwide have been raving about this foundation since it came out and for good reason. It covers everything. And for a matte, drugstore foundation, it is pretty lightweight. It blends out easily and has a wide shade range. L'Oreal claims that it has a demi-matte finish.

However, it's... it's pretty damn matte. It can get sorta drying, if we're gonna be honest here. Plus, I've noticed that their lightest shade (101, Classic Ivory) isn't quite light enough for us pasty bitches. You may be asking, why'd you put this foundation at #3, then, Becca? Well, because. Both of those issues can be fixed with a little bit of...

2. L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow

That's right. Everything that's wrong with Pro-Matte can be easily solved by mixing it with a little bit of its sister, Pro-Glow. Pro-Glow is moisturizing, dewy, and beautiful. And, for whatever reason, its light shades are lighter than Pro-Matte's light shades. When mixed, the result is a full-coverage, semi-matte foundation that covers every blemish, acne scar, or discolored spot, while still emitting a beautiful, natural glow.

Please note that the Pro-Glow is absolutely gorgeous on its own, too - beware if you have overly oily skin, though. I have combination skin, and it was flawless. This is definitely one of my favorites from the drugstore.

1. COVERGIRL Vitalist Healthy Elixir

I need to just stop for a moment. I need to collect myself. You see, I, at the young age of twenty, have tried almost every foundation ever released. I'm not exaggerating. I've tried everything you can find at Sephora or Ulta.

I've scavenged every shelf at Walgreens, Rite-Aid, CVS, Target, and Walmart. In all my years, I've always felt that I settled with my foundation. I always used foundation that was "good enough" and I worked with it, but I never discovered a foundation that I was truly in love with every aspect of.

But, then, I found this little miracle staring at me from a display shelf in the middle of a Rite-Aid beauty aisle.

This. Foundation. Is. Perfect.

It's full-coverage as F#%K. It will cover every single flaw and then some. It's lightweight. It blends easily and flawlessly (I put mine on with a damp beauty blender). It's hydrating. It has vitamins in it. It's good for your skin. It has SPF and it smells like sunscreen, only better, and mixed with citrus. (Am I the only one who likes the smell of sunscreen?) It layers effortlessly with any primers, powders, or sprays. It literally lasts the entire day and night. It's heaven in a bottle.

I have virtually nothing bad to say about this foundation. It's my all-time favorite. It's better than any foundation I've ever tried, high-end OR drugstore. You need to try it for yourself!