5 Of My Favorite Things To Do In The Summer
Seasonal

Summer me is the best me

85
Malia Turner

It's the end of April and May is coming up right behind. May is the typical month where students get out for the summer. May is the marker of long, warm days and chill summer nights. It is a time when we don't have a care in the world. It is arguable one of the best times of the year.

I am a senior in high school. Senioritis has hit me harder than a truck. I have NEVER been so ready to leave somewhere. Next Wednesday is May first. I am ecstatic, summer can't come fast enough.

This summer is going to be as monumental as summer 2016 was. I am speaking it into existence, this one will be the best. There are so many things I'm looking forward to, besides being out of school. I decided to make a list of my top 5 reasons why summer is undefeated.

1. The weather

Basking in the sunlight can be unbearable if you aren't properly equipped, but if you are, it's the best. I get cold easily so when it's warmer I will be very happy.

2. Lake/pool days

I live in the part of Oklahoma where people love going to the lake. If I'm not in my pool, I am at the lake with friends or family.

3. Being tan

Tan me is the best version of myself. I just feel good and my skin gets even clearer. I have never been one to tan in salons either. Being in the summer sun feels great, but stay safe and lather up with sunscreen.

4. Vacations

I love a good trip whether its a vacation with my family or a road trip with friends. There is nothing better than being surrounded by those who mean most to you.

5. Pictures and memories in the making

Making memories are very important to me. You never know when your last moment with someone is. Cherishing yourself and those around you at all times is a must. Memories and pictures are precious bits and pieces of our lives. I want to be able to look at an old photo and remember back to what was going on.

I am excited for summer to begin. These are my favorite things. Warm weather and cute shorts, swimsuits, and sandals need to come my way. I will make this summer fun and safe.