5 Extreme Metal Instrumental Songs

When a person thinks of the extreme metal genre, the first thing that comes to mind is those cookie monster vocals and really heaviness. While this is true to some extent but they can also showcase nice calming instrumental songs. The instrumental songs vary depending on the genre of an extreme metal band plays. Despite the difference, they can release some awesome tracks.

1) Obituary- Redneck Stomp

Need a song that is heavy, groovy, and, really metal? Then this is for you, straight from Obituary 6th album titled "Frozen In Time", this was their comeback album after disbanding for 8 years. Now, this is a good way to make a good comeback especially since it is the first song of the album. Just imagine playing this record and hearing this instrumental, you cannot help but head-bang to this.

2) Death- Voice Of The Soul

Chuck Schuldiner a legend and known as the "Godfather Of Death Metal" or "The Father Of Death Metal". This was his last album with Death before he went on to make one final album with his other band before his death. This is an instrumental track of the album, the song itself is really touching and emotional. The acoustic guitar and guitar solos that Chuck used talks to you. It says everything in the song without words.

3) Violet Cold- Sommermorgen

Violet Cold is known to use songs that can convey the atmosphere that they want and the emotion. Whether it can be sad, space, happiness and this one of the songs that are done well. This is a pure instrumental song that was released as a single for Violet Cold's upcoming trilogy album release. This song radiates happiness and joy to the listener. It's an absolutely nice song to keep your mood up.

4) Obscura- The Origin Of Primal Expressions

Obscura is a German Technical Death Metal band. This is a song that is off their 2016 album "Akroasis". Listening to this song you can hear how this is similar to Death's "Voice Of The Soul". This is because it is influenced and inspired by that song. The song itself has notes of the "Voice Of The Soul" and another Death song titled "Without Judgement". The use of both songs as inspiration makes a nice song that showcases Obscura brilliant songs and technical prowess.

5) In Flames- The Jester's Dance

In Flames is a Melodic Death Metal band from Sweden. This song is from their second album titled "The Jester Race". The song showcases a really good melody and tone from the band. It's a shame that this song is only 2 minutes.

Who said that extreme metal bands cannot release some good instrumental songs that makes them song less harsh and different? Despite the bands on this list being from different sub-genres of extreme metal, they can make good instrumental songs that showcase their talent to make something different.