5 DIY Costumes For The Broke College Girl

The simpler the better.

26

Whether you're just in it for the buckets of candy at the end of the night, or for the love of gory scary horror films, Halloween is a holiday celebrated by all. Here is just a few fun costume ideas that won't break the bank! (Because, we all know there are more important things to spend our money on for Halloween, like Taco Bell at 2 a.m. after being out all night long.)

1. Grease's "Sandra D"

(https://www.pinterest.com/pin/374713631475886654/)

All you need to make this costume a hit is some killer heels, bright red lipstick, and a sweet leather jacket. The hunk of a guy is optional.

2. Come on Barbie. Let's go Party!

(https://www.pinterest.com/pin/261208847109733495/).

This costume requires a bit more investment, but is super easy! A cardboard box, paint, and a few other essentials are all that is needed to make this ensemble a hit for any party.

3. Audrey Hepburn

Every girl has these classy pieces in their closet! Show off your little black dress and be the life of the party.

4. A Halloween Classic: A Scarecrow

(https://www.instagram.com/p/9EjjcbynBe/)

The key to pulling off this look is all in the makeup. Practice makes perfect, and it can be as simple or as elaborate as you want. Throw on some boots and distressed jeans, and your look is complete.

5. Rosie the Riveter

A red bandana is a must to make this outfit work, along with red lips, and a button down shirt. The sign is a nice touch and will be a hit at any event.

Halloween is such a fun holiday filled with lots of elaborate costumes and outfits. Don't let your ideas make you go bankrupt, and enjoy your plans with a fun costume everyone will love!