5 Easy Dinners for A Busy Day-MONDAY

5 Easy Dinners for A Busy Day-MONDAY

Quick, Easy, Simple

31

Week nights with working parents and busy schedules often leave dinner in a state of limbo. Who wants to cook for two hours after getting off of work? Some people circumvent this dilemma by slow cooking meals and meal prepping, but that isn't always plausible. You're burnt out, you're tired and you just want something fast. Following are some quick and simple dishes to help keep your sanity when it comes to dinner.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

c1.staticflickr.com

Spaghetti is one of the quickest and simplest dishes to make during the week. Throw on a pot of water, cook some noodles and throw on some pasta sauce. Most pasta sauces can be bought pre-made if you aren't too worried about spices. This makes even less steps as you dump and heat up to create a simple meal. Spaghetti is easily paired with microwavable veggies or a quick oven baked garlic bread.

Breakfast

Breakfast

upload.wikimedia.org

Scramble up some eggs and make some toast or fry up some pancakes. Breakfast for dinner is a quick, simple fix to dinner if you're out of ideas. There are endless possibilities of what you can make to pair with eggs including bacon, sausage, home fries, bagels and a whole lot more! Pancakes are also extremely versatile since you can add whatever you want to it or top it with whatever you want!

Burgers

Burger

upload.wikimedia.org

Burgers are another quick and easy solution to dinner. You can buy pre-shaped burgers or you can whip up your own mix in a jiff! Also, if you're just frying them on the stove, they cook relatively quickly. Toppings are relatively straightforward and everyone can add what they like. They're easily paired with french fries, potato chips, macaroni or potato salad, tater tots and a myriad of other choices!

Sandwiches/Subs

Subs

upload.wikimedia.org

Sandwiches or subs are always an easy go to. With whatever cold cuts, cheese and toppings you have on hand you can create a simple dinner. It takes very little time to put together a sandwich which is great for those crazy hectic nights when everyone has some sort of activity scheduled. They also pair well with any sort of potato chip, side salad or soup.

Tacos

Tacos

c1.staticflickr.com

Tacos are another easy dinner to put together. Prepackaged seasonings are easy to add and most only require adding water. After the meat is made, the rest is relatively simple. A taco station can be set up so everyone can gather what they want on their tacos in an easy fashion. Another fun spin on this is to put together individual taco salads which includes the normal taco ingredients and small, individual bags of nacho flavored Doritos.

Putting dinner together during your busy work week doesn't have to be a hassle. You can make it quick and easy with these few ideas. So sit down, relax and enjoy!