5 Detox Water Recipes

5 Detox Water Recipes

Fruit infused water that will help you burn fat.
41

With summer vacation in full swing (for college students like myself), it’s important that I maintain some type of healthy balance with all the (deliciously) fattening foods out there. After watching my mother search up videos on YouTube to find the best drinks to burn fat, I decided that maybe, possibly I should do the same thing as well. The other day when I went grocery shopping, I bought some lemons and strawberries to start off my fat burning (which I terribly need to do). With others in mind, I thought it would be nice to share this (fairly old) trend with those who struggle with their weight as I do (not that all the fattening food helps). Below are five detox recipes that I have listed for you all. If you don’t like the fruits or combinations listed below, you could easily search up more recipes. Enjoy!

1. Strawberry/grapefruit water

Depending on how strong you want any of your drinks to taste, take some (an amount you see fit) strawberries, grapefruit and slice them horizontally. Add them to either a pitcher, travel bottle or even to a cup if you plan on drinking the detox water only for that day. Let your drink sit for half an hour to overnight (again, depending on how strong you want the flavor to be; this “sitting” applies to all the drinks). Enjoy!

This strawberry and grapefruit combo will not only burn fat but “flush out” the toxins in your body that make you tired.

2. Cucumber water

I’m pretty sure many have seen this video (above) of a man singing about the benefits of cucumbers. Take a cucumba, slice it and drop a few into your water as you sing along with Macka B!

3. Strawberry/lemon water

Take a handful of strawberries, a few slices of lemon and drop them into your water.

Strawberry and lemon water is beneficial for fighting off colds and viruses and boosting your metabolism.

4. Cucumber/lemon water

Slice the fruit and place it in your water. Cucumber and lemon water aids in boosting your immune system and helps with inflammation.

5. Orange/blueberry water

Cut the oranges into slices and leave the blueberries whole. Put the following into your water.

Orange and blueberry water help to speed up your metabolism and tone up your skin.

I’ll try to remember to keep you all posted on how the strawberry and lemon detox is working for me. Let me know if any of them work for you! Have a magical week everyone xo.