5 Coffee Shops That Will Bring You To Lexington, Kentucky

The Bluegrass State's got plenty of brews to enjoy.

1511
Karolina

Located in the heart of the Bluegrass State, Lexington is known for many things — bourbon, horses and basketball being three of the main attractions — but what you may not know is that it's also home to some superb coffee shops. As both a Kentucky native and a coffee house enthusiast, allow me to present you with five coffee shops that will draw you to my fine city.

Coffee Times Coffee House

Coffee Times has been a Lexington institution since 1983. They roast their beans on-site and make the best London fog I've ever had. Additionally, Coffee Times offers locally baked goods from scones to cakes, and their quiche is incredible. And any visit to Coffee Times would be incomplete without a browse of their unique retail collection.

North Lime Coffee & Donuts

North Lime has two locations in Lexington, and both of them offer delectable varieties of doughnuts and espresso drinks. If that's not enough to grab you, Alton Brown reportedly enjoyed his selection at North Lime.

Common Grounds Coffee House

Common Grounds is a beloved spot near the University of Kentucky's campus. It's a popular spot for sipping an excellent brew and enjoying a delicious breakfast. No list of Lexington coffee shops would be complete without it.

Daily Offerings Coffee Roastery

One of the newer entries on this list, Daily Offerings, also known as the Roastery at 529, is located in downtown Lexington. Daily Offerings has incredible coffee and the tastiest gluten-free baked goods in Lexington. Also, they hold a worship service known as #LexDoCoffee.

A Cup of Common Wealth

Known for its unique pay-it-forward system, A Cup of Common Wealth is a refreshing presence on the Lexington coffee scene. Be sure to check out their seasonal specialty, Brewshine: cold-brew coffee steeped with chips from bourbon barrels. It's truly incomparable to anything else I've had the pleasure of trying.

Have you been to Lexington before? What were your favorite spots?