5 Celebrities On Their Battle With Body Image

Trust me, you're not the only one who struggles with body image.

122

We've all been there. We've all dealt with the roller coaster of emotions related to our body image. There are times when you're super confident in who you are. You have the "screw what they think" mentality. Then, there are days where you are ashamed to look into the mirror. There are times when you feel hopeless.

Wait... WHY SHOULD YOU FEEL ASHAMED FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE? Do you hear how ridiculous that sounds? You're beautiful because you are authentic. You are beautiful because you are you, and there is only one you.

Don't take my word for it. Take it from them:

1. Jennifer Lawrence

Today, Jennifer Lawrence is one of the most influential actresses. You constantly see her name next to a controversial topic, and she always offers stellar advice when you need it. She talks about the pressure from filmmakers to lose weight to fit an almost unattainable body type.

2. Ellen DeGeneres

Everyone is familiar with Ellen whether it'd be her goofy talkshow or her character Dory in "Finding Nemo." Ellen has a platform that reaches many different types of people ranging from children to seniors. She uses her platform to share her thoughts and opinions on controversial topics with a light-hearted nature.

<span id="selection-marker-1" class="redactor-selection-marker"> </span>

3. Tyra Banks

"You are no longer in the running to be America's Next Top Model." You've heard this before, right? Well, Tyra Banks is a huge advocate for body image despite her involvement in what seems like a heartless business.

4. Selena Gomez

To this day, Selena Gomez is still the most beautiful woman in the world (in my opinion). It baffles me that people could body-shame her. She has always been a very confident figure in the media, and she talks about how she continues to be that person even after reading all the horrible things some people have to say.

5. Demi Lovato

This interview for me is what hits home. Demi Lovato is the only celebrity I know of who has gotten this real about bullying and self-image. Her role in society has deeply affected many girls and young women across the nation to feel confident in themselves and to embrace who they are.

So as you can see, celebrities even struggle with the idea of keeping this "perfect body image." Jennifer Lawrence talked about how in the media business, they photo edit her photos when she didn't see anything wrong with them. Most of the time, the images you see aren't even real. Their photoshopped, airbrushed and altered to where you think it looks natural. It's not. The point is, you need to love yourself. If you don't, it is just going to set you up with a lot of pain and heartbreak every day.

You are beautiful. There is no one like you.