5 Books You Should Read This Summer

5 Books You Should Read This Summer

Summer is here, let's get to reading.

17
5 Books You Should Read This Summer

If you're like me, you read almost constantly to the point that you run out of books to read and have no idea what to try next. But never fret, here are five books I've enjoyed this summer so far that you should try too! To spice things up, each book is going to be a (hopefully) different genre, and I'm not going to try to give up too much of the plot.

1. "Pride and Prejudice"

Okay, I've read this book probably a billion times, but I never get tired of it. If you're the type of person who enjoys jumping back in time, this is the book for you. It's fun, romantic, and it made me laugh out loud several times. Jane Austen outdid herself with this one.

2. "Game of Thrones"

If you're the type of person who's into the middle ages, dragons, and badassery, this is definitely the book for you. The book follows several characters, so you're always hopping from one to the next, making it overall a very interesting read.

3. "Gone Girl"

If you like mysteries, this book is definitely for you. I just finished reading this about a week ago and it was absolutely insane. I had no idea who to trust in it and even now I'm still in shock from the way it ended. 10/10, would recommend.

4. "The Book Thief"

This to date is one of my all time favorite books. It's a historical novel that follows a young girl living in 1939 Nazi occupied Germany, narrated by Death. No- I'm serious. this book was actually narrated by Death. If you want to try this book though, I'd keep a box of tissues nearby.

5. "The Stand"

If you like Stephen King novels, this is the one for you. This was an absolutely terrifying post-apocalyptic novel. I don't want to go into much detail, just try it. It's seriously great.

If you need more inspiration, Goodreads is a popular website that has every book under the sun in it. You can look books up from genre, category, and even the year it came out. Now go find yourself a book, a comfy spot, and get to reading!