5 Books I've Read in 2021

5 Books I've Read in 2021

Our lives may still be on hold, but books will always be here!

97
5 Books I've Read in 2021

If you're anything like me you may have found it difficult to read as often as you'd have liked to in 2020. While I'd like to blame my "reading slump" on the pandemic, the truth is that sometimes finding the time to prioritize activities that you know are good for you and bring you joy is difficult. I know I often find myself starting a book, then putting it down and scrolling on social media for hours. If you manage to find the strength to start AND finish a book, I highly recommend any of these five!

Normal People by Sally Rooney

File:Normal People (Rooney novel).png - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org

I'd heard great things about this book for the longest time and finally picked it up after a few friends raved about its adaptation on Hulu. Even though I think I liked this book, I'm not totally sure how I feel about it. All I can say for certain is that it is emotionally devastating, but I'd definitely recommend it for the incredible writing alone. I just want to give the main characters a hug and the card of a reputable therapist.

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren

i.gr-assets.com

After Normal People, I needed a reason to believe in love again, so I dove into romance, and this book was perfect. When her sister's wedding results in all of the guests getting food poisoning save two, Olive must go on the nonrefundable honeymoon with a man she can't stand. It's enemies(ish) to lovers and I couldn't stop smiling during this entire book. If you're looking for a fun, funny, easy read, definitely pick this one up!

The Hating Game by Sally Thorne

m.media-amazon.com

Keeping with the romance and enemies to lovers trope, The Hating Game by Sally Thorne was a ton of fun! Lucy is up for a promotion at her job against a man she hates. However, as the novel progresses, it is revealed that maybe she has misinterpreted her feelings... They're making this one into a movie soon, so if you're interested in the premise I'd look out for it!

The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie

m.media-amazon.com

I've read at least ten Agatha Christie novels and they never let me down. In this one, a glamorous looking woman's dead body is found in a couple's home library, and without spoiling anything, it only gets more mysterious from there. It's less than 200 pages and a super quick, fun read.

Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

Another Agatha Christie! This one was a bit longer and more complex, and I found myself getting a little bored towards the end, but the big reveal makes it all worth it. Hercule Poirot must solve a case that was closed sixteen years ago, and there are five people (the little pigs) who are all new suspects. I'd still highly recommend this one, but only if you're dedicated to finishing it and reading very closely!

I'm hoping to read even more books in February, but I really enjoyed these and hope that this list helps someone find their next read!