5 Books Every College Student Should Read

119
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/24/636444777975112163-2029820060_2016_11_24_16519_1479966645._large.jpg

Here are the 5 books every college student looking for inspiration, encouragement and guidance should read. If you need a pick me up after getting a bad grade or simply want to have a good read these 5 books are for you.

1. “#GirlBoss” by Sophia Amoruso

For every college student looking for an inspirational, motivational story, #GirlBoss is for you. Sophia Amoruso tells her story of being in poverty and not knowing her path in life, to becoming a successful business woman. She reflects on the low points in her life and cherishes the good ones. And sets an example for any woman looking to improve her life and become a #GirlBoss.

2. “Owning It: Your Bullsh*t free Guide to Living With Anxiety”

You can find great advice on coping with the anxiety that plauges young adults in their daily lives in “Owning It: Your Bullsh*t free Guide to Living With Anxiety”. There are so many relatable moments in this book, that the reader is bound to find a personal experience in the pages.

3. “Eat, Pray, Love” Elizabeth Gilbert

“Eat, Pray, Love” tells the story of a woman who is bored with her life and can’t find passion within her marriage or her job. Her journey is told through a year long trip through Italy, India and Indonesia. This is a good book for any college student to read who is unsure about what their next step in life is or what path to take. “Eat, Pray, Love” is beneficial for anyone who is looking for direction in their life.

4. “Lean In” Sheryl Sandberg

“Lean In” is a memoir told by Sheryl Sanberg about her personal experiences as a woman being treated unfairly in the workforce. She stresses the importance of pay equality and gender equality in the workforce. This is an informative book for both men and women to read because equality for both sexes is a right not a priveledge.

5. “The Art of Happiness” The Dalai Lama

“The Art of Happiness” consists of many interviews with the Dalai Lama talking about peace and love in one’s personal life and spreading happiness throughout the world. Any college student looking for happiness, should take the advice of the Dalai Lama. He talks about how to improve one’s life and acceptance of things that you can not control.