5 Book Releases In 2018 To Watch For

5 Book Releases In 2018 To Watch For

New books for 2018!
42

With 2017 wrapping up, one thing I'm looking forward to is the line-up of novels coming out in 2018. There are some I've been waiting for the moment I knew about them, while some I just recently discovered. These are five books that will be on my radar and reading lists for 2018.

1. Puddin' by Julie Murphy

"Puddin'" is a companion novel to Murphy's other book, "Dumplin'". The main characters for these books both struggle with body positivity. In "Puddin'", the main character Millie Michalchuk has gone to fat camp every year since she was a little girl. But this year, she wants to chase her dreams of being a newscaster and hook up with her crush. She meets Callie Reyes, a pretty girl next in line for dance team captain and has a popular boyfriend. As they grow closer, they realize they have more in common then they thought.

2. Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman

This novel is set in a medieval kingdom called Goredd. There are expectations for women to be proper, while men are protectors, and dragons are whatever they want to be. Tess finds herself to be different but ends up making a mistake that makes her family send her to a nunnery. Still, this isn't what Tess wants, so she treks out into the world on an adventure of self-discovery.

3. Legendary by Stephanie Garber

As the book following "Caraval", "Legendary" follows Scarlett's younger sister, Tella, as she journies to the empire's capital to fulfill her end of a bargain. There isn't much information about this book yet, but it's bound to be just as colorful and immersive as "Caraval". I'm curious where this series is going, so I'm looking forward to "Legendary".

4. Poet Anderson... In Darkness by Tom DeLonge and Suzanne Young

Jonas Anderson works as a doorman and spends his time seeing his girlfriend and his comatose brother, Alan. But that's just in the Waking World. In the Dream World, he is Poet Anderson. He's a Dream Walker, and his responsibility is to protect people from the nightmares, specifically, the Night Stalkers left over from the battle against REM. Jonas must also struggle with his guilt over Alan's situation while protecting the world.

5. Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

This book has been on my anticipated book list ever since I finished the first book in the trilogy, "Illuminae". This book follows the events of the previous two books but leads back to Asha, Kady's cousin who has been living for seven months back on Kerenza. Kady and the rest must return back to Kerenza, but will find that there's a war there that Asha is part of. Asha must struggle with surviving and seeing an old flame, Rhys, on the opposite side. I'm extremely excited for this book, espeically because it's the final book in the series!