5 Binge Worthy Shows

5 Binge Worthy Shows

Who needs to be productive when these shows are available to stream?
1137

Ladies and gentlemen, it is finally summer time. For most colleges, the spring semester has ended and finals are almost over. It is time for those of us who worked tediously and meticulously the entire semester to turn off our brains and watch some quality shows. Here are five binge worthy shows that you should check out during your free time:

1. Hemlock Grove

To begin, we should start with a show that is easy to access and easy on the eyes. “Hemlock Grove” is a horror series on Netflix. With over 118 million users worldwide, Netflix is pretty easy to access. If you are like me and unwilling to pay for the service, you can watch with a friend, it is scary after all. The show stars the heavenly faces of actors Bill Skarsgård, Landon Liboiron, and Famke Janssen. Without ruining the entire plot, I can say that the show is full of horror, supernatural beings, and very dry humor. All three seasons are on Netflix, so it only takes a full and sleepless weekend to finish the entire series.

2. House

Who does not like a rebellious obsessive drug addicted diagnostician? “House” is a show about Gregory House and the group of medical professionals he drives crazy day in and day out. House is the doctor that gets the cases that other doctors are unable to solve. The show is full of medical anomalies, dry humor, and great costume makeup. If you like atypical medical dramas, this is definitely the show for you. The full eight seasons of this show can be found on Amazon Prime and Hulu.

3. Hannibal

NBC’s “Hannibal” is a masterpiece of a show. It is full of beautiful scenes, spectacular editing, ostentatious vocabulary, and awesome actors. “Hannibal” is a TV series based on the movie The Silence of The Lambs and a novel entitled Red Dragon. The show focuses on Will Graham who is played by Hugh Dancy. Will is a troubled “special agent” for the FBI who is in a cat and mouse chase with a cannibalistic serial killer. If you have ever seen or heard of The Silence of The Lambs, then you will not be surprised to find out that Will’s therapist Dr. Hannibal Lecter is in fact the cannibal serial killer. Do not worry, the show is about so much more than that. The show is a psychological thriller that is almost impossible to not binge in a very long and very sleepless week. The entire series can be streamed on Amazon Prime. Pro tip for when you are watching: try not to fall in love with any of the characters. They will either die or let you down. You have been warned.

4. Sneaky Pete

This show is a surprisingly good Amazon Prime original. “Sneaky Pete” is about a professional con artist who steals the identity of his cellmate who happened to try to rob a gun range. Pete Murphy is the name of the cellmate. The con artist’s name is Marius. Of course Marius has a last name, but it is far too difficult to spell or pronounce, as demonstrated in the show. Marius, being a professional con artist, has a lot of enemies and a lot of baggage. Marius takes on Pete’s identity because it is convenient and he believes that Pete’s life may be an escape. Not to ruin the entire second season for you, but Marius is so wrong.

5. The Twilight Zone

I think it is only fitting to end with a classic. “The Twilight Zone” is a 1959 horror, supernatural, and science fiction thriller series. The show covers a diverse range of supernatural beings and circumstances. Each episode follows a new story and a new person. This show is binge worthy because not only is it incredibly vivid even in black in white, but it is also narrated by the serne voice of Rod Serling. Remember, any place and all places can be the twilight zone. The 150+ episode show can be streamed on Amazon Prime video or it can be caught on the SyFy channel.

There you have it. Five shows that are definitely worth watching. I know, many of us have summer jobs and summer classes, but you should take some time to relax and let your brain be mindless.