The 5 Best Trailers From Comic-Con 2016

The 5 Best Trailers From Comic-Con 2016

The next few years of movies look awesome.

3
The 5 Best Trailers From Comic-Con 2016
Rumour: Massive New Awards Show For San Diego Comic-Con To Recognise All Fan Culture

Although Comic-Con was originally started to cater to comic book fans and sci-fi related entertainment, it has since expanded to include all things pop culture. Fans of every TV show and movie imaginable know that when Comic-Con occurs, they will most likely be getting a sneak preview of what's to come. Sometimes the new trailers are put online the next day by the studios, and sometimes the only people who get to see them are the people who were in attendance at the convention. Here are all of the best movie trailers that premiered at this year's Comic-Con:

1. "Wonder Woman"

Finally, a woman-led superhero film. Even though Marvel has featured female superheroes in their movies, their first female-led film will not premiere until 2019, meaning DC has beat them to the punch. This trailer was everything fans could have hoped for, it seems lighthearted compared to most DC films while still having an ambiance of grittiness. Featuring Gal Gadot as the main character and Chris Pine as Steve Trevor, her love interest, this movie trailer features moments of feminism and seems to make the point that if there are going to be endless superhero movies, there might as well be some with female leads.

2. "Justice League"

After two critically unsuccessful movies ("Man of Steel" and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice") Zack Snyder is back, this time directing "Justice League." The trailer seems promising, so fans will remain hopeful.

3. "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"

The wizarding world is back, and it's heading for New York City. This is the most detailed trailer of the movie yet, and just seeing "From writer J.K. Rowling" and hearing the notable music is enough to get "Harry Potter" fans excited.

4. "Doctor Strange"

Marvel received a lot of flak when its casting decisions for "Doctor Strange" were announced, and the studio was accused of whitewashing roles. Although fans insist Tilda Swinton's character should be played by someone Asian instead of someone who is white, Marvel released a statement saying "...The Ancient One is a title that is not exclusively held by any one character, but rather a moniker passed down through time, and in this particular film the embodiment is Celtic. We are very proud to have the enormously talented Tilda Swinton portray this unique and complex character alongside our richly diverse cast."

Whitewashing aside, the new trailer looks awesome, featuring "Inception"-like special effects and what seems like a very cool backstory for Marvel's newest hero.

5. "Kong: Skull Island"

King Kong is being rebooted, with three of the new main characters all being notable Marvel actors, since Brie Larson was just announced to be the lead in Marvel's first female-led film, "Captain Marvel." The producers of this film are the same ones who worked on the most recent "Godzilla" movie, and it shows. This trailer feels very much like "Godzilla," but with an ape instead. People are bound to see this one as it looks like an entertaining reboot of a classic Hollywood character all while featuring a cast full of fan favorite actors.