5 Artists I Can't Wait To See At Lollapalooza This Year

After waiting years to see some of these artists, my dreams are finally coming true.

104
Yvette de Wit

Nothing is better than live music. The feeling of seeing your favorite artists on stage, singing, living, and actually breathing the same air as you is a surreal experience.

Lollapalooza, and other music festivals, gives music lovers the opportunity to see not just one artist, but around ten different artists to get a full day of live music. When I went last year for the Friday show and saw artists such as The Killers, MISSIO, Moose Blood, and Bishop Briggs, I was blown away by the experience and knew I needed to return this year.

I will be attending the Thursday show this year with my three best friends, and there are five artists in particular that I cannot wait to see.

1. Arctic Monkeys

This band has had a constantly evolving sound that fits with the modern alternative music scene. Their latest album “AM” is a masterpiece, and they are returning this summer with a new album after five years. Arctic Monkeys will definitely be a fantastic headliner for this year’s festival.

Favorite songs: “R U Mine?” and “If You Were There, Beware"

2. Billie Eilish

This artist has been on the rise, and I might just be a tad obsessed with her. The sixteen year old singer-songwriter has created songs similar to Marina and the Diamonds and Melanie Martinez in a way that is beyond her years. I’m so excited to see how she delivers her talent to this big of an audience for the first time.

Favorite songs: “ocean eyes” and “COPYCAT”

3. The Wombats

Another band that has had their fair share of stylistic differences, The Wombats are no strangers to the Lollapalooza stage. Now that they have been gaining a more mainstream audience and are moving up in the lineup, I’m excited to see how they incorporate some of my older favorites with their newer jams.

Favorite songs: “Party in a Forest (Where’s Laura?)” and “Black Flamingo”

4. Franz Ferdinand

Although I haven’t listened to Franz Ferdinand as extensively as some of these other artists, the songs I have listened to I am a huge fan of. Between the older and newer songs, I think this band will reach a wide range of listeners and put on a fantastic show.

Favorite songs: “Take Me Out” and “Do You Want To”

5. All Time Low

After seeing All Time Low last summer at my favorite, smaller venue in St. Louis, I’m super excited to see this band on a festival stage. I own every album this band has released, and I’m looking forward to seeing them again and belting out all of the lyrics with my friends.

Favorite songs: “The Irony of Choking on a Lifesaver” and “Don’t You Go”