5 Advantages Of Creating A Bullet Journal

Combining organization and journaling into one neat book.

2310
LittleStudySpot

One of the most popular trends within the past two years has been bullet journaling. The official Bullet Journal website describes it as "a customizable and forgiving organizational system." It combines a planner, to-do list, journal, and sketchbook into one book that is organized in a simple way. While some may see it as a weird way to organize your life, there are many advantages to starting this system.

1. It allows you to customize a planner.

While some planners are super cute, bullet journals allow you to completely customize the style of your planner. You get to create your own look and allow for more space for events and assignments based on your need. Also, you get to make it look super cute with doodles.

2. You have no restrictions on your creativity.

While the journal can be a place to organize your events and assignments, it can also be a place to make creative spreads. The photo above is a spread commemorating May the Fourth. These kinds of spreads can fit in with your bullet journal because there are no restrictions on what you can do in your journal.

3. It is incredibly easy to set up.

This official website includes the steps that will help you set up your notebook. Obviously, your notebook does not have to be set up completely the same as the website describes. However, it will give you an easy starting point to begin your journal. If you want to try something different, it is easy to find other methods that other people use.

4. It can help you to keep track of your habits.

A bunch of people use bullet journals to help keep track of things they should do daily like take medicine or wash their face. This acts as a reminder and helps you recognize your habits and what you should do more often. It can be anything as simple as just tracking your cups of water and can help you ensure that you are doing everything you need to in your daily schedule.

5. You are able to keep track of everything and keep it in one place.

While it acts as a planner, it also acts as a way to organize your thoughts and ideas. It's supposed to be a place where you can write down any idea that is in your mind during the day. Many people have pages dedicated to movies they want to watch or books they want to read. It can be a place to jot these kinds of things down and keep it organized in one place.

Overall, having a bullet journal has been one of the best things that I have personally done. It has helped motivate me and keep me on track as well as help me organize my various events over the summer.

I have enjoyed learning how I like this system and figuring out new things that work for me. I encourage everyone to look into trying it because it honestly brings a new point of view on your organization. If you do look into it, recognize that you do not need any fancy paper and pens, just a notebook and pen and a way that you can organize your life.