48 Things I Would Say To the Person Who Broke My Heart

51939

We all have that person. The one that shattered our world into pieces. The one that hurt us more than anyone else ever had. No matter how far we move forward from this person, the memory of that pain still lingers. We still think about the things that we did wrong or that we could have done differently. We still think about the good times that came before the bad. Above all, we think about what we would say to that person if we could really tell them how we feel about them. There is a lot that could be said, but many of us could start with a list like this:

1. You disgust me.
  2. You broke me.
  3. You made me think that you would always be there.
  4. You lied, over and over again.
  5. You made me believe in something and then you took it all away.
  6. You didn’t care.
  7. You acted like you cared, but it was another lie.
  8. You wasted my time.
  9. You caused me pain.
  10. You scarred me.
  11. You left me all alone.
  12. You let me think it was my fault.
  13. You taught me not to trust anyone.
  14. You taught me not to trust myself.
  15. You played games that only you could win.
  16. You monopolized my mind.
  17. You made me feel like a different person.
  18. You made me feel weak.
  19. You made me feel empty.
  20. You made me cry.
  21. You gave up on us.
  22. You left.
  23. I deserved better.
  24. I never needed you.
  25. I didn’t think I could do it on my own.
  26. I was honest.
  27. I believed in you.
  28. I believed in us.
  29. I cared.
  30. I put my time in.
  31. I thought we were happy.
  32. I was naïve.
  33. I didn’t pick up on the signs.
  34. I couldn’t play your games.
  35. I thought that I meant something.
  36. I learned that I did mean something.
  37. I learned that I could do it on my own.
  38. I learned that I was capable of love.
  39. I learned that I didn’t have to be broken.
  40. I knew that I was better than that.
  41. I now know what I want, and it isn't you.
  42. I am a new person.
  43. I built myself back up.
  44. I am stronger because of you.
  45. I am confident.
  46. I am happy.
  47. I don’t hate you.
  48. I thank you.

We need to always remember that the person who broke our hearts was a part of our lives for a reason. They may not have been the best chapter in our life story, but without that chapter, we would not be who we are today. Everyone suffers heartbreak at some point, and it is OK. Heartbreak makes us tough; it makes us strong. It reminds us that we can move forward even when we think that our world has ended. It is good to think about what you would say to the person who broke your heart, but it is even better to truly move forward and leave that pain and that person behind.