40 Things You Really Learn In College

40 Things You Really Learn In College

Like how to be a Professional Nap Taker.

7
40 Things You Really Learn In College
Wikipedia

Aside from English, Math, and how to take a nap, college teaches you a lot of things worth learning. The amazing thing is that none of it goes on in a classroom. I've curated 40 things you really learn in college.

1. No one actually cares how you dress
  2. Freshman sometimes care how you dress
  3. They'll stop caring FAST
  4. There are so many ways the world isn't what you thought it was
  5. People come in so many more flavors than you thought they did
  6. The world is much bigger than you thought it was
  7. But also so much smaller?
  8. Three-syllable words doesn't make your essay seem less bullshit-ed
  9. Teachers are actual people
  10. With political opinions
  11. Speaking of political opinions, if your professor doesn't comment on your on-campus political situation (like racist vandalism, let's say) that is not a professor you want to be around
  12. Your opinions are allowed to diverge from friends
  13. Even your best friend
  14. Where you grew up really isn't that important
  15. Peer pressure revolves around ditching homework, and going to Denny's at 3am, not alcohol and drugs
  16. And staying up all night because you ditched homework to go to Denny's is how you rationalize spending your last $5 on Starbucks in the morning
  17. Platonic affection between friends is encouraged
  18. Sleeping on the floor in the hallway of an academic building is more comfortable than you first thought
  19. Words matter
  20. Like yes means yes, instead of no means no.
  21. This is growing up, not that high school bs
  22. Some weeks you'll sleep everywhere but your bed
  23. No one cares if you've had sex or not
  24. Last minute plans are the best kind of plans
  25. You learn a bunch of new fancy words you wished you had earlier
  26. Some words are offensive that you thought weren’t offensive
  27. Some words aren't offensive that you thought were
  28. That doesn't happen as much as #26
  29. What you “found out” about yourself in high school is probably totally different to what you’ll find out about yourself in high school
  30. You have to do your own research on E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.
  31. Politics. Politics. Politics.
  32. Night time is the best time
  33. You learned more about life than any of your classes will ever teach you
  34. You learn who you really are and what you're made of
  35. College isn't what you thought it would
  36. But
  37. It's
  38. So
  39. Much
  40. Better