44 Bible Verses For Your Holy Week

44 Bible Verses For Your Holy Week

Read, reflect, respond.

31387
holy week quotes from the bible
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/03/27/6365775748067760561192114047_bible.jpg

We are in Holy Week, which means Easter is only a few days away. Many have spent the past 40 days of Lent giving something up or doing some time of sacrifice or alms in preparation for Easter. Here are 44 days of Bible verses to read through and reflect on, not only for Lent but at any time.

1- Deuteronomy 13:5 “The LORD, your God, shall you follow, and him shall you fear; his commandment shall you observe, and his voice shall you heed, serving him and holding fast to him alone.”

2- Philippians 1: 27-29 “Only, conduct yourselves in a way worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that, whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear news of you, that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind struggling together for the faith of the gospel, not intimidated in any way by your opponents. This is proof to them of destruction, but of your salvation. And this is God's doing. For to you has been granted, for the sake of Christ, not only to believe in Him but also suffer for Him.”

3- Sirach 31: 21-25 “Do not give into sadness, torment not yourself with brooding; Gladness of heart is the very life of man, cheerfulness prolongs his days.”

4- Proverbs 12: 9 “Better a lowly man who supports himself than one of assumed importance who lacks bread.”

5- Colossians 3:12-15 “Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, bearing with one another and forgiving one another, if one has a grievance against another; as the Lord has forgiven you, so must you also do. And over all these put on love, that is, the bond of perfection. And let the peace of Christ control your hearts, the peace into which you were also called in one body. And be thankful.”

6- Isaiah 35:4 “Say to those who are of a fearful heart, ‘Be strong, do not fear! Here is your God. He will come with vengeance, with terrible recompense. He will come and save you.’”

7- Revelation 19:1-2 “After this I heard what sounded like the loud voice of a great multitude in heaving saying "Alleluia! Salvation, glory, and might belong to our God, for true and just are his judgments. He has condemned the great harlot who corrupted the earth with her harlotry. He has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”

8- Romans 10:9 “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

9- Ecclesiastes 5:18 “Any man to whom God gives riches and property, and grants power to partake of them, so that he receives his lot and finds joy in the fruits of his toil, has a gift from God.”

10- 1 Peter 2:19-20 “For whenever anyone bears the pain of unjust suffering because of consciousness of God, that is a grace. But what credit is there if you are patient when beaten for doing wrong? But if you are patient when you suffer for doing what is good, this is a grace before God.”

11- Baruch 5:3-4 “For God will show all the earth your splendor: you will be named by God forever the peace of justice, the glory of God's worship.”

12- Jeremiah 20:11 “But the Lord is with me like a dread warrior; therefore my persecutors will stumble, and they will not prevail.”

13- Zechariah 14:9 “And the Lord will become king over all the earth; on that day the Lord will be one and his name one.”

14- Daniel 6:23 “My God has sent his angel and closed the lions' mouths so that they have not hurt me. For I have been found innocent before him; neither to you have I done any harm, O king!”

15- Jeremiah 14:20 “We recognize, O LORD, our wickedness, the guilt of our fathers; that we have sinned against you.”

16- Psalm 119: 28 “My soul is depressed; lift me up according to your word.”

17- Psalm 56: 9- 10 “My wanderings you have noted; are my tears not stored in your vial, recorded in your book? My foes turn back when I call on you. This I know: God is on my side.”

18- Proverbs 19: 11 “It is good sense in a man to be slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.”

19- Ezra 9: 8 “Mercy came to us from the LORD who left us a remnant and gave us a stake in his holy place; thus our God has brightened our eyes and given us relief in our servitude.”

20- Luke 10:27 “He said in reply, ‘You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your being, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.’”

21- Job 28: 13 “Man knows nothing to equal it, nor is it to be had in the land of the living.”

22- Jonah 2:6-7 “The waters swirled about me, threatening my life; the abyss enveloped me; seaweed clung about my head. Down I went to the roots of the mountains; the bars of the nether world were closing behind me forever, but you brought my life up from the pit, O LORD, my God.”

23- Proverbs 4: 20-23 “My son, to my words be attentive, to my sayings incline your ear; Let them not slip out of your sight, keep them within your heart; For they are life to those who find them, to man's whole being they are health. With closest custody, guard your heart, for in it are the sources of life.”

24- Mark 9: 23 “Jesus said to him, "'If you can!' Everything is possible to one who has faith.”

25- Acts 2:21 “and it shall be that everyone shall be saved who calls on the name of the Lord.”

26- 1 Corinthians 2: 16 “who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to counsel him?" But we have the mind of Christ.”

27- Jude 20-21 “But you, beloved, build yourselves up in your most holy faith; pray in the holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in the love of God and wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.”

28- 2 Maccabees 6:16 “He never withdraws his mercy from us. Although he disciplines us with misfortunes, he does not abandon his own people.”

29- Hebrews 12:12 “Do strengthen your drooping hands and your weak knees. Make straight paths for your feet, that what is lame may not be dislocated but healed.”

30- 1 Peter 2:1-3 “Rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, insincerity, envy, and all slander; like newborn infants, long for pure spiritual milk so that through it you may grow into salvation, for you have tasted that the Lord is good.”

31- 2 Corinthians 4: 8-10 “We are afflicted in every way, but not constrained; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our body.”

32- Titus 2: 3-5 “Similarly, older women should be reverent in their behavior, not slanderers, not addicted to drink, teaching what is good, so that they may train younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, chaste, good homemakers, under the control of their husbands, so that the word of God may not be discredited.”

33- Micah 2:13 “With a leader to break the path they shall burst open the gate and go out through it; Their king shall go through before them, and the LORD at their head.”

34- Ephesians 6: 10-11 “Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power. Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil.”

35- Romans 12:9 “Let love be sincere; hate what is evil, hold on to what is good.”

36- Psalms 46:3-4 “Thus we do not fear, though earth be shaken and mountains quake to the depths of the sea, though its waters rage and foam and mountains totter at its surging.”

37- 3 John 1:11 “Beloved, do not imitate evil but imitate good. Whoever does what is good is of God; whoever does what is evil has never seen God.”

38- Jonah 3:10 “When God saw by their actions how they turned from their evil way, he repented of the evil that he had threatened to do to them; he did not carry it out.”

39- Corinthians 12:10 “Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong.”

40- Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

41- Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

42- John 15:12-13. “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.”

43- 1 John 4:8. "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

44- 1 Corinthians 13:13. "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."