4 TV Couples That Remind Us True Love Is True

I want laughter, acceptance, respect, uniqueness, and a person I can always rely on. Not just a significant other, but a best friend.

24

If you are like me, quarantine has gotten the best of you and you have found yourself in a deep, hole of Netflix shows and Amazon Prim originals.

But, let's be honest, is that really a bad thing. At first glance, you might think you are wasting your time, but you are learning the ways of love. It's true....sort of.

With all this time, I have watched and watched and realized many of these couples are truly what I want in love. I want laughter, acceptance, respect, uniqueness, and a person I can always rely on. Not just a significant other, but a best friend.

Here are a few couples I thing exhibit those qualities, all in their own way. The truest form of individuality.

Nick Miller & Jess Day

Nick Miller & Jess Dayokchicas.com

This is what I see my relationship looking like. Fun, a little messy, but all around a person I can count on at all times. In the show New Girl (my favorite show of all times), Nick and Jess meet upon Jess moving in with Nick and his two roommates. They live together for two crazy years until a kiss between the couple causes them to realize the true love they have for one another. Do they both screw up along the way, of course, but what relationship doesn't. Nick is in awe of Jess as a woman and a person, while Jess loves Nick's creative and crazy mind. A match made in accidental heaven.

John B Routledge & Sarah Cameron

John B Routledge & Sarah Cameronvsco.app.link

I had to jump on this one because, from the time I saw Outer Banks at the beginning of 2020, it has become a national phenomenon. It is a classic story. The rich girl and the poor boy fall for one another against all odds. John B, also known as a "Pogue" lives paycheck to paycheck all while trying to heal from his father's disappearance. Sarah, also known as a "Kook", lives a life of misery, in a world that she can't accepts as her own. A massive hunt for the truth brings the two together, causing them to realize they have much more than a friendship between each other. John B protects Sarah. He keeps her close in ways that every girl should be held. Sarah believes in John B, always by his side in every situation. A love that is strong.

Nathan Scott & Haley James

Haley James Scott & Nathan Scottfeedproxy.google.com

My high school heart flutters. Flutters fast. In one way or another, it was every girls dream to be Haley James. The quiet, brainiac who captured the heart of the town, basketball star, Nathan Scott in One Tree Hill. Their start is rocky, for their worlds are so different. Both are stubborn in giving up parts of themselves to be together. But, ultimately, its that acceptance of what one another believes in that brings that together in a warm, romance. So much so, they get married and have a child all before graduating high school. Truly a love so deep, it's worth fighting for.

Leslie Knope & Ben Wyatt

Leslie Knope & Ben Wyatthuffingtonpost.com

I want a man to look at me the way Ben Wyatt looks at Leslie Knope. One because of his love for her, but two because of his awe in what an amazing person and leader she is. Both are hilarious in their quirky ways. They are awkward and weird, but its those odd-ball characteristics that make them the most loved couple in Park & Recreation. Ben and Leslie go through their trials. Getting together, keeping it a secret, losing jobs, losing opportunities, all to be one another half a heart forever. Ben is serious, yet romantic while Leslie is zany, yet fueled with energy. A love that was formed behind a wooden, office desk.