4 Things You Deal With When You Have A Baby Face

No, I'm not 12.

640
Baby Face Photography

I'm about to turn 20 in one week, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at me. Anyone else who has a baby face will back me up when i say that these following things that happen to us are both embarrassing and frustrating.

1. Being asked if you're attending high school dances when you already graduated

People that don't know you ask if you got your dress for the homecoming dance and you kind of want to roll up in a ball and hide in embarrassment, because you graduated two years ago and they think you're still in 10th grade. Then you have to awkwardly explain to them that you're almost 20 and graduated forever ago. The worst is when your parents friends meet you for the first time in forever and think that youre only 12 when youre actually almost 20, then its just awkward for both of you. Not only is this embarrassing its also very frustrating because you want people to know how old you are, or atleast get close, come on people!

2. Still getting IDed for R rated movies and lottery tickets

.

All of your friends can walk right into an R rated movie or buy a lottery ticket with no questioning, but when you try to they ask you for your ID. As if that wasn't enough to embarrass you, they say wow you really are old enough I really didn't think you were. Then when you tell adults about how embarrassing it is they tell you you'll appreciate getting IDed when you're 40 and that it will make you feel young which makes you even more frustrated.

3. Not being able to wear certain patterns or colors because they make you look even younger

Everyone who has a baby face has that one color or pattern that makes them look like a little kid, mine happens to be floral patterns. It really makes shopping even more difficult than it already was. A shopping trip for me is filled with the quote "This makes me look five" or "do I look like i just graduated preschool in this?". Although its infuriating when cute clothes make me look 12 it's a mood lifter sometimes because i can make myself laugh even though I'm incredibly frustrated. So keep this in mind when shopping for someone with a baby face...will that shirt make them look 5?

4. People tell you "you'll be happy you have a baby face when you're 50"

This is the most infuriating out of all of these, because not only do i not care about when I'm 50 right now it is also very inconvenient right now. Yes maybe I will be happy when I'm 50 and still getting asked how the prom was, but right now I don't enjoy being asked about my middle school dance, but thanks for trying to make me feel better. I do have to admit that this does make me feel a tad better though. Although its not what I want to hear its probably true and i probably will appreciate it in the future.

Although having a baby face sucks its not the worst thing in the world and im sure we will appreciate it in the future. So next time one of these things happens to you just remember that you aren't alone, there's other people who still look 5! So embrace your individuality and love your baby face.