Things to watch on netflix

4 Under the Radar Movies And Shows You Need to See

Get your binge watching on with these under the radar titles on Netflix.

28

If you log into Netflix and decide to watch another episode of "The Office" instead of choosing something new, this list is for you. With so much content out there to watch and so little time, this list will help you narrow down titles instead of endlessly scrolling through Netflix suggestions. You're welcome!

Without further ado, check out these 4 under the radar movies and shows you should watch.

1. "6 Balloons"

Starring Abbi Jacobson and Dave Franco, this Netflix Original movie chronicles a woman (Jacobson) who finds out that her brother has relapsed on heroin, so she drives across L.A. in search of a detox center to admit him. Things take a turn when he needs drugs to escape withdrawal. This film dives into the nation's current opioid addiction problem and is extremely culturally relevant. Both Jacobson and Franco deliver high caliber dramatic performances.

2. "The End of the F***ing World"

If you're looking for a short episode, one season quick-watch, this show is for you. "The End of the F***ing World" follows the story of James, a teen who thinks he's a psychopath, and Alyssa, a rebellious teen who is trying to escape her normal life. Don't let the fact that this dark comedy is about teens scare you off! The quirky characters, ominous and sometimes violent events, and shocking conclusion will have you pressing "next episode."

3. "The Staircase"

This docuseries investigates the high profile murder of Kathleen Peterson, wife of famous author Michael Peterson. Kathleen was discovered at the bottom of the stairs in a pool of her own blood, but Michael claims innocence. The series follows both sides of the case, including how the defense and prosecution prepare for trial. Get engrossed in this captivating case by watching episode after episode, and decide for yourself: did he do it?

4. "Set It Up"

Get down with a rom-com, you know you want to! Netflix has released plenty of cheesy rom-coms, but "Set It Up" breaks the mold and actually delivers as a quality film. This movie centers around two overworked assistants, Zoey Deutch and Glen Powell, who try and set up their bosses, Taye Diggs and Lucy Liu, to gain some professional relief. Press play on this film to enjoy a light-hearted but fully developed romantic comedy and get invested in the main characters!