4 Signs YOU'RE The Reason You Can't Find Love

Are you pushing love away?

10060

ATTENTION: Are you struggling to find love? Does it seem like you can't ever keep a relationship? Does your partner threaten to leave you? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you may want to ask yourself, "Am I the reason I can't find love?" Check out some of the signs below; there may be characteristics about yourself that you need to change in order to find the right person for you.

1. Extreme Expectations

Having high expectations for the person you want to pursue a relationship with is completely normal. Most reasonable expectations for a partner include things like: having stable finances, being literate, good sense of humor, somewhat attractive, etc. However, most people searching for love have a list of highly unrealistic expectations. If you are an average person working a normal job, only dating a: millionaire with perfect credit , who lives in a 6,000 sq ft. condo, drives a Ferrari, is over 6 ft. tall, and has the face of Leonardo DiCaprio with the body of Zac Efron is just a bit much. Its not impossible, but that shouldn't be the ONLY type of person you're open to dating. BE OPEN! Sometimes, another average person just like you could be waiting to give you the love you deserve, and you would never notice them because you're too busy out there looking for Prince Charming. And let's just be real, nobody wants a perfect partner. Perfect is pretty boring...and if it seems perfect, then girl you may want to ask yourself..."is it even real?"

2. Always Pushing People Away

Many people searching for love have the tendency to push others away from them. This is mainly due to trust issues and the fear of being vulnerable due to the risk of a broken heart. Understandable. However, that's not the best idea when you're searching for love. True, you should have your guard up, protecting yourself and your heart is very important. Just be careful not to push the wrong person away, because most of the time...that's exactly what happens.

Often times, a person enters someone's life and develops a relationship with that person. For most of those seeking love, they tend to become really attached to the other person, but when they find themselves truly falling in love, they find an excuse to end the relationship.Which poses the question; how can you truly find love if you're always pushing people away from you?

3. Selfishness

One of the biggest issues with individuals today is prevalent selfishness. Everyone is so concerned with bettering themselves that they tend to ignore the needs of those around them, and sometimes their own personal needs. Selfishness can be a serious obstacle when it comes to relationships and the subject of finding love. In order to have a successful relationship or love someone, you can no longer think about whats only going to be beneficial to you. In relationships and love, you have to turn your "I" into "We." Finding love means that you have to stop spending so much time thinking about yourself, and more time thinking about the person that you are searching for. After all, in relationships there is no "you"; there's only "US."

4. Insecurity

If you are insecure with yourself, please (I beg of you), DO NOT ENTER A RELATIONSHIP. When looking for love, a lot of people hinder themselves with their own insecurities. As humans, we all tend to think that we are not good enough for certain people, or that specific people could never love us based off of the way we look. That my friend, is one of the most F@*?&! up ideologies in the world. If a person truly loves you, none of that conceded bull is going to matter, because they will love you for who you truly are... in your naturalist form. So, before heading out on your love quest, try to tackle some of your inner insecurities; don't let them be the things holding you back from gaining love. In the end, you have to love yourself before you can love someone else.

So, next time you're in bed wondering why you can't seem to find love, ask yourself if you have some of the characteristics above. A lot of the time, love is standing right in front of us, we are just to blind to see it. Open your eyes, and make some changes. You don't want to be the reason behind never finding love.