4 Reasons Why You Should Start Journaling

Sometimes all you have in life is yourself...and your journal.

150

Let's be real here, at some point in our middle school lives we all tried to keep some sort of diary to write about all of the drama going on when we were 13. These diaries probably lasted no more than a week.

However, now that we are in a stage in our lives where we have more than a singular thing to worry about, it's healthy to keep a journal. Life is overwhelming these days, especially in college where you have a million things to worry about at once.

1. You can write about anything you want

A journal is 100% your private property. Therefore, anything you write in it is yours to see and only yours to see. So, no filter is needed. You can write about absolutely stupid things like how some girl cut in front of you in line for food this morning or something like how much you miss your dog.

2. It lets you vent with out having to talk to a physical person

Sometimes, you're angry at everyone in this world. Therefore, you don't want to talk to anyone yet you still need to rant and get the anger out of your system. Journal it! You words don't have to make sense, they don't have to practical, they can just be a string of anger to help you calm down.

3. It's therapeutic

Those blank pages are begging to be written on about all of your issues in life. Writing things down can help you realize sometimes that what you're feeling needs to be heard by the people you're close to. Other times, you realize you're overreacting to something and fix it. No matter what the issue is, writing can help you find a solution.

4. It makes memories

If you stick with it, you can end up with multiple journals with every single page filled over the past years. You can look back to a hard time you were in and smile because, well, you made it out just alright. Or you can see when you first met the love of your life and your initial reaction. Or just look back to remember the best memories in those journals.

Journaling isn't just about writing down every thing that happens in your life. It's about helping yourself through the rough times because sometimes, all you have is yourself.