4 Reasons Not to Give Up
Education

4 Reasons Not to Give Up

With Midterms approaching, or already here for many of us, the familiar feeling of wanting to give up arises. I'm here to tell you the struggle will all be worth it in the end!

318
4 Reasons Not to Give Up
https://www.pexels.com/photo/blur-cellphone-close-up-contemporary-288530/

Lately, I have been feeling like given up. School work is piling up. The unsettling realization that I will very shortly be graduating, and hopefully going to medical school. And oh ya, I need to apply to medical school. It felt like everything would be easier, everything would go away, if I just gave up. However, while I was sitting at my desk contemplating dropping out of school and moving to Australia, I made a list of four reasons I should keep going.

1. It Gets You Nowhere

Think about the last time you wanted to give up, but you didn't. Now look how far you come. Now think of a time you gave up, did it accomplish anything? By not giving up, and living through the struggle, you are pushing yourself towards bigger and greater things! Even though it may not feel that way right now, think about how you'll feel when you've done it!

2. Persistence

Persistence is something that has to be learned. If you are someone who constantly finds themselves giving up, and then beating themselves up afterward - you have to learn self discipline. Set a timer. Sit down and tell yourself you are going to study till the timer goes off. Teach your body to keep going even when mentally you want to give up. Then reap the rewards after

3. Others are Rooting for You

Everything you do in life should be because you want to, and not because others want you too! However, when you're in a mindset of wanting to fail, it can feel like nobody is by your side. Like your rising this all on your own. When you get to this point, think of all the people that helped you get where you are, and want you to succeed. They are standing right by you!

4. It Gets Easier

Everyone starts somewhere, and for most they are better at what they do now than when they first started. Do not compare yourself to others. Instead, compare you to you. Compare your exams in the beginning to your exams now. Strive to better yourself, and do not worry about others. Soon you will begin to realize that things get easier! Somehow you study and pass the test. Then, the next test - studying seems so much easier. It's all about consistency!