4 Reasons Being A Hopeless Romantic Is OK

It's not all about your love life

291
quotesgram.com

Hopeless Romantic: a person who is in love with love and loves the romance of love. Hopeless Romantics spend their whole life dreaming of their soulmate and the adventures they will go on together. Hopeless Romantics know exactly what they want and will do anything to have that person once they find them. Hopeless Romantics give 100 percent to a significant other and only expect to be loved in return. I am a Hopeless Romantic, and I'm OK with that. I'm not OK with the constant let downs of the world and my expectations of love being set higher than the normal, but I'm OK with being a Hopeless Romantic for a few reasons that outshine all of the downfalls.

1. I am confident and know what I want in all aspects of my life.

Whether it be my career or my love life, I know what I want. I also have confidence in myself to go and get that something that I want. As I was having dinner with one of my closest friends recently, I asked her for her advice on an issue. She told me, "You go and do it. Every time you tell me you want to do something, you know what you do regardless of what I say? You do it." I partially owe this side of my personality to being a Hopeless Romantic. Hopeless Romantics simply know what they want and how to get it.

2. I have better friendships.

Hopeless Romantics love people and are very good at picking friends. This kind of goes along with knowing what I want, but I truly believe that being a Hopeless Romantic has given me this power to know that someone actually cares about me because I am a caring person with my relationships. When I meet someone, I always give them a chance; however, I immediately know if that person is worth my time and devotion. Because of this, I give all of my time and devotion to the friends that I know care about me and that allows my friendships to be stronger and last longer.

3. I am selfless and a leader.

Hopeless Romantics also think of everyone around them before themselves. Even though this might be because we are always looking out for our true love, which could seem to be less selfless, we want to make that one person the happiest person in the world. So, until we do find that person, Hopeless Romantics spread happiness in their environments and tend to not focus on themselves but the people around them. This leads many Hopeless Romantics to not only be very involved in their community, but it allows them to be very good at being a selfless leader dedicated to the happiness of their peers.

4. My future plans are not set in stone.

Even though we know what we want and exactly how we are going to get it, Hopeless Romantics do not allow themselves to be tied to one future. If we have any feeling that we could meet our soulmate down a new path, we take that path. This allows Hopeless Romantics to constantly be growing and looking for new ways to achieve their life goals.

I'm proud to be a Hopeless Romantic because of these few characteristics that now lead my life to a better me and, hopefully, my soulmate.

"I am a bit of a hopeless romantic. I really do have a faith and a belief in love, and when I love, I love hard." - Melanie Fiona