4 Practical Things You Can Do To Create A Positive Mindset

Don't overlook these four little things, they're essential in creating a motivated and positive mindset!

159
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/02/18/6365452711109979101017009436_rawpixel-com-296612.jpg

In an age of negative outlooks and mindsets, especially during a time where thenews and world around us makes usfeel bogged down with the weight of negativity in the world, there are several ways to help ease that stress and to create a positive mindset.

Use Social Media Wisely

Now, when I say this, I’m not lecturing you about how much time you spend on social media. I’m guilty of it, too, and most likely we aren’t going to cut back anytime soon, but we can choose how to spend our time while we’re on there. So, if you’re like me social media is extremely prevalent in your life. You may not post on it all the time, but you probably look at it regularly. Ok, you definitely look at it, you scroll through it all the time. It’s OK, so do I! But have you ever thought about how the things you see affect you?

Follow People That Inspire You and Unfollow People Who Don’t

OK, this is important not to get confused, because sometimes we like to follow people that we deem in our heads as “way better than us,” and pretend to use it as self-motivation, but all we do when we see it is beat ourselves up. So, be picky about the people you follow. You are in charge of the things you let in your mind, so choose to fill it with things that make you feel good. Choose to fill it with people and photos that encourage and inspire you. If you’re unsure how to go about this, go to the list of people you follow or your friends, and as you go through, ask yourself, “What sort of quality does this person bring me? How does the content they share affect me and my mindset?” Use social media wisely.

Change Your Desktop/Phone Backgrounds

If you’re like me, all day you bounce between your phone and your laptop trying to get things done. Your phone is being overrun by emails and assignments are pouring out of the 15 color-coded folders that occupy your laptop background, and while it can be overwhelming to think about even getting started, there is one thing you can do to help motivate you.

Change your desktop background to something that’ll inspire you to work hard and get stuff done. I know this sounds like a simple change, but it really can help to remind you of your goals. Also, regularly change your phone background to a motivational quote, to remind yourself that you create my own opportunities and that you are in charge of those results. It'll give you the encouragement you need to get done what you need to.

Make a List of Your Goals

According to the Huffington Post, you’re 42 percent more likely to achieve your goals and dreams just by writing them down on a regular basis and that likelihood goes up even further if you share those written goals with a friend. Take the goals you hide in your head or in your heart and give them physical form, even if it's just words on a piece of paper. Write them down regularly, or make a vision board. Doing these things can help to see them as tangible.

Listen to an inspirational podcast on your way to work/school

Listening to a motivational speaker is a great way to get your mind in the right place before taking on the day. Whether you're driving, walking or riding a bike, this is something anyone can do and make time for. No matter if you're running late or had a bad morning, you have to get to where you are going, so use this time to recover or prepare. Find your favorite speaker and make it something you look forward to each day.