One Week Before The MCAT

4 Phases Every Pre-Med Student Goes Through the Week Before Their MCAT

First it was a year away. Then it was four months away. Now, it's one week before my MCAT and it has been a swirl of emotions

251
https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-wearing-black-and-white-stripe-shirt-looking-at-white-printer-papers-on-the-wall-212286/

The MCAT is scary, eight-hour test that determines if I wasted the last three years of undergrad as a premed student, or if I will actually get accepted into a medical program. A lot of students are on the same road as me right now, and we are experiencing this emotional whirlwind. Guaranteed, these are the four phases everyone goes through the week before their MCAT

1. Confidence

You've spent every spare moment studying for this test. You went through all the section banks, question banks, content review. You've mastered everything. There is no way you are not going to pass this test. By this time next year, you will be a full fledged medical student!

2. Discouragement

You set aside eight hours to complete a practice test. You sit down with all the confidence that you are going to get a great score...then you read the first word of that first passage, and it all falls apart. What did you even spend the last three months studying? You know absolutely nothing!

3. Panic

Okay..You finished the practice test. It was a rough start, but you made it through. Your score isn't too bad, but it isn't the best. How are you possibly going to bring up this score in a week. Should I just postpone? But I've been counting down the days till this test for months! I just want it to be over it. What if I do even worse on the actual test? I'm never gonna get into medical school, I should just drop out and move back home now

4. Mild Optimism

It's been a few days since you took your last full length. The big test is now only a couple days away. Your only option now is to take the test and see what happens. You've devoted the months to studying, and maybe you won't get the best score, but you know you worked for it! Worse comes to worse...we just take it again