4 Of The Best COVID-19 Relief Funds

4 Of The Best COVID-19 Relief Funds

Looking for a way to help your community or assist in COVID-19 research? Here are four organizations that provide relief to those that desperately need it.

11
4 Of The Best COVID-19 Relief Funds

From a donation of $7 to sending out a box face masks, these are four organizations that offer financial support and resources to a diverse range of people and projects.

1. Hunger: Not Impossible

Perhaps one of the most tech-savvy non-profit organizations out there, Hunger: Not Impossible orders a free meal for every text from someone in need. Just by texting the word "Hungry", a family will receive a free meal from a local restaurant, ordered and paid for by Hunger: Not Impossible. Not only does this organization assist those who cannot purchase food, it also benefits local businesses. For one donation of $7, you can pay for a meal for someone in need. Go to www.notimpossible.com/hunger

2. Immigrant Worker Safety Net Fund

This organization provides relief resources and support to migrant and refugee workers that are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19. Through the network that the Immigrant Worker Safety Net Fund has created, they will offer support to thousands of people and families struggling during the current pandemic. As the organization points out, many migrant and refugee workers either do not have or are not given access to food and necessities, and will suffer greatly if they do not receive assistance. Any donation is appreciated and will provide immediate relief to migrant and refugee workers in need. Go to www.ndlon.org/immigrant-worker-safety-net-fund

3. Project C.U.R.E.

Project C.U.R.E. provides support to health care services through the form of supplies and financial relief. Not only can you volunteer at this organization, you can also send in medical supplies, create a fundraiser, or make a donation. This project is incredibly hands-on, and offers the opportunity for anyone to participate in COVID-19 relief first-hand. They donate to hospitals and EMS. Their services are based in big cities such as Houston and Chicago, but you can also send in supplies or make a donation online. Go to www.projectcure.org

4. COVID-19 Response Fund

Created and managed by the World Health Organization, the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund collects donations and distributes them to top research programs world-wide in the effort to cure the coronavirus. Not only are these research labs trying to create a cure, they are also diagnosing symptoms and creating treatments for those that are infected. These labs are also strategizing to decrease the rate of the virus' spread. The World Health Organization will provide tools, resources for employees, and financial support to these labs with any donation made. Go to www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/donate