4 Cons of Comicon

4 Cons of Comicon

There's always bad with the good- but it doesn't outweight it!

36
4 Cons of Comicon
Self

As a response to my last article, Comicon is indeed a great and positive environment. While everything is super cool, there are definitely some things to watch out for when you go to any Comicon.

1: Prices

Like any public event, prices are going to be jacked up. At least for concessions and stuff. Although if you don't pay attention you can easily spend a lot more than you meant to. Most artists will be nice though and give you a deal when you buy more than one thing at a time. I bought two cheeseburgers and a drink and it ran me 18 dollars. But then again, I got eight pieces of art from a guy for 50 dollars, so its a push-pull kind of thing.

2: Celebs

I had this as a good thing on my other list, but it can also be bad. If you're like me, you might not care about the autograph and instead want a picture with some of your idols. Unfortunately, the way some of the celebs work is they have combo packages. You can get an autograph for such an amount, or, you can get an autograph AND a picture for another, higher amount. I ran into quite a few celebs who wouldn't just let you take a picture, and you never know how a celeb is going to be, because most of the time they are acting, and it's hard to say how they react in everyday life. You could get someone who is very standoffish and it might ruin your experience.

3: People in general

People at the con, like almost everywhere else, are completely clueless. They don't tend to pay attention to what's around them and you'll find yourself getting frustrated at unnecessary lines or people just standing in the middle of the way, for no reason. People are frustrating everywhere you go, but in a packed convention center, you might waste have your time in the event stuck behind a group of people who don't want to move.

4. Your own dedication

Comicon is a lot of work, and if you want to see everything, it's going to take time and patience. You might miss a panel you wanted to see cause another panel you want to see is going on at the same time. Your legs might be tired or you're incredibly hot in the cosplay you decided to wear. Your money might be stretching thin, but you keep seeing things you want. If you do not prepare for the Comicon, it might turn out to be a not so great experience. Keep in mind what you want to spend, how your costume or body will feel after a long day, and just try to stay positive and have fun. Your own attitude determines how much fun you have!

There are definitely very good things about the con and some not so good things, but the event is so fun, and I guarantee if you find yourself going to one, as long as you prepare, you will have more fun then you thought you could.