4 Last Minute Gift Ideas for "Woke" Family and Friends

Curated by a self-proclaimed woke individual

648
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/18/636492265538366996-224754289_staywokelogo.jpg

If you are looking at this list, you probably have a "woke" or highly socially aware person in your life that you have not gotten a holiday present for yet. Worry not my friend, I'm here to help. Here are 4 different types of potential gifts you could that special "woke" person in your life:

1. Books

This is the perfect gift for those people that love to read and unplug from social media for a bit.

For the poet at heart:

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

For the fiction buffs:

Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi

The classics which are a must for anyone and everyone:

Between The World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates

The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander

2. A Graphic Tee

What better way to express your opinions other than through clothing? Graphic tees are the solution to dealing with ignorant people. This way, whenever you are wearing a bold graphic tee and an ignorant person has something to say about it, they can be referred to the shirt.

This is one of my personal favorites: https://www.etsy.com/listing/570572709/woke-defini...

You can also use this opportunity of buying a friend a great graphic tee to support small merchandise brands!

3. Coffee Mugs

This gift idea might seem basic but think about it with me. Being conscious of the ways of the world, the multiple complex systems of oppression, the daily micro-aggressions, and the ignorance of other people can be extremely tiring. Sometimes we just need some caffeine to make it through the day. So why not drink it out of an amazing mug?

These are some of my favorites:

For the beautiful, black women in your life: https://www.etsy.com/listing/549305355/black-girl-...

For those kings and queens proud of their special melanin: https://www.etsy.com/listing/577077649/stay-woke-a...

4. Self Care Packages

Self care is a must for everyone. It is impossible to be your best self and constantly speak out against oppression if you're not taking care of yourself. A homemade self-care kit can be exactly what someone needs to remember to put themselves first. Your homemade kit should include:

-A coffee or brown sugar body scrub

-Bath bombs/Bubble bath soap/Epson salt: for when you have to soak away the daily struggle

-A whipped body butter (shea and cocoa are my personal favorite): great for keeping the ash at the bay

- A journal: Personally, I find writing in my journal to be such an important aspect of self-care and absolutely essential to my mental health. My journal is the one completely safe space I have. It is the place where I can explore my thoughts and truly discover myself.

This is an amazing journal option for the "tea-stained" women in your life: https://www.etsy.com/shop/vagabroad

This is another journal favorite: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DocumentedJourney?ref=sh...

-Tea: This is definitely not for everyone. I myself am a tea lover, so any self-care routine for me requires a cup of tea and some biscuits (or cookies as Americans say).

Some of my favorite flavors include Early Grey, Darjeeling, and Peppermint/Spearmint (especially when I am bloated).

-Candles/Incense/Essential Oils: Amazing aromatherapy!

-Bible/Devotions/Crystals,etc: Focusing on your spirituality has major benefits for you in terms of mental health. Since I am a Christian, reading my Bible or a nice devotion is a must for me. But self-care is for everyone, so if that special person in your life is spiritual in other ways, customize your gift by getting them healing crystals, candles, and any other things essential to promote meditation.

These are only four of the many gifts one could get for the woke people in their life or anyone in their life overall. Christmas is right around the corner so let the last minute shopping commence.

And if your presents come in late, remember, time is just a construct.