4 Must Have Holiday Dessert Recipes

4 Must Have Holiday Dessert Recipes

These desserts are guaranteed to knock your socks off!

14
4 Must Have Holiday Dessert Recipes
http://www.glorioustreats.com/2011/11/classic-holiday-dessert-table.html

When it comes to the holidays, second to gift giving comes the best part of the season: dessert! Here are some simple holiday desserts for you to make this December!

1. The Cookie Brownie

Ingredients:

1 roll (16 cookies) or package (24 cookies) of chocolate chip cookies from Pillsbury

1 box of original brownie mix

Water, oil, and eggs needed for brownie mix

OPTIONAL: 24 peanut butter Reese cups or a bag of chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350⁰F. Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.

2. Press your cookie dough into the bottom of your pan making sure it is level throughout (tip: put flour or cooking spray on your hands to spread the dough and not have it stick to you). If you choose to use peanut butter cups, layer them on top of your dough.

3. Make your brownie mix following the directions on the box. If you’d like, add chocolate chips to the mix for a chocolatey flavor.

4. Pour brownie mix over the dough and spread it throughout the pan.

5. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the brownie is cooked through. Let cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares. Enjoy!

Based on the recipe from Pillsbury.com

2. Oreo Peppermint Bark

Ingredients:

12 mini candy canes, crushed

12 Oreos, crushed

1 cup milk chocolate chips

1 ½ cups white chocolate chips (Ghirardelli white chocolate chips work great!)

OPTIONAL: Peppermint patties, crushed

Directions:

1. Put the Oreos in a zip lock plastic bag and crush into small pieces.

2. Melt the chocolate chips. Do this by putting it in a microwavable bowl and melt in 30 second increments. Stir after each 30 seconds. Continue until chocolate is completely melted (usually 1.5-2 minutes).

3. Pour the melted chocolate chips into a lined tin pan spreading so it forms an even layer. Sprinkle the crushed Oreos on top. Put in freeze to cool for a few minutes.

4. Put the mini candy canes in a zip lock plastic bag and crush into small pieces.

5. Melt the while chocolate chips. Do this by putting it in a microwavable bowl and melt in 30 second increments. Stir after each 30 seconds. Continue until chocolate is completely melted (usually 1-1.5 minutes; watch carefully as white chocolate is easily over cooked).

6. Take the tin out of the freezer. Pour the white chocolate over the crushed Oreos and spread evenly. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top. Optional: crush Peppermint patties and sprinkle them on top of the white chocolate with the candy canes for a mintier flavor.

7. Place tin in the freezer and let sit overnight. Take out the next day and break into pieces to serve. Keep refrigerated when not being served.

Based on the recipe from asouthernfairytale.com

3. Holiday Peanut Butter Balls

Ingredients

2 cups creamy peanut butter

¾ cups butter (1 ½ sticks) softened at room temperature

3 ½ cups powdered sugar

3 cups Rice Krispies cereal

12 oz. bag semi-sweet (or milk chocolate) chocolate chips

1 tablespoon solid shortening

Holiday sprinkles

Mini baking cups (36)

OPTIONAL: Chopped nuts, 1 cup

Directions

1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray and set it to the side.

2. Pour powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl.

3. Ground the cereal in the food processor and mix together with the powdered sugar.

4. In another large mixing bowl, mix together the peanut butter and softened butter.

5. Add the peanut butter mixture into the bowl with the cereal. Mix well to blend completely.

6. Cover with aluminum foil and let chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.

7. Remove from the refrigerator and roll into two inch balls. Spread them on the baking sheet.

8. In a double boiler, melt the shortening and add the chocolate chips. Stir until melted and smooth.

9. Dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate (caution: both the chocolate and bowl will be hot!)

10. Sprinkle on the holiday sprinkles (and chopped nuts if you choose) before the chocolate gets hard.

11. Store in a container in the refrigerator for up to four weeks.

Based on the recipe from momontheside.com

4. Puppy Chow Chex Mix

Ingredients

9 cups Chex cereal (one 12 oz. bag)

1 cup white chocolate chips or melting chocolate

4 cups nuts (any of your favorites!)

1 bag square pretzels

1 bag M&Ms

8 Chopped Oreos

Directions

1. Pour Chex cereal, nuts, square pretzels, M&Ms, and chopped Oreos into a large bowl. Mix and shake until well stirred and evenly dispensed.

2. Melt the while chocolate chips. Do this by putting it in a microwavable bowl and melt in 30 second increments. Stir after each 30 seconds. Continue until chocolate is completely melted (usually 1-1.5 minutes; watch carefully as white chocolate is easily over cooked).

3. Pour white chocolate into the large bowl mixing the other ingredients as you pour to evenly spread the white chocolate.

4. Continue to stir and shake the bowl until all of the ingredients are covered in white chocolate.

5. Keep in a sealed container either in room temperature or the refrigerator.

Based on the recipe from homemadehooplah.com

If you’d like to find additional great holiday recipes, check out Pinterest! Remember to have fun while baking and enjoy your desserts!