Planning a trip anywhere can seem daunting, especially if this is your first time in a new city, not to mention this one! No worries though, because these 10 things will get you through your day in the city that never sleeps with ease.

"Start spreading the news...I'm leaving today...New York, New York!"

1. A Metro Card

The first stop on your NYC adventure should be to get a Metro card. This little piece of paper will be your life saver, literally. Not only will the taxi's cost you and arm and a leg, their driving might make you fear for your life. Although the bus drivers may serve up a fresh slice of attitude, they'll get you from point A to point B.

2. A Portable Cell Phone Charger

...Because you can't make vine references with a dead phone. In order to get that insta worthy photo in the stereotypical tourist spot you're gonna need not only great lighting but a working phone.

3. Sunglasses

It doesn't take solar eclipse sunglasses to see all the shade thrown in the city. Blend in with the New York local, airpods and denim jackets not included.

4. Airpods

On that note, always have your airpods in because who wants to listen to two grannies fight about who's grandkids are accomplishing more in life. Block out the constant honking, symbolizing the everlasting war between bikers and buses and jam out to your favorie Jay Z song.