4 BIG Reasons To Go Greek This Semester

4 BIG Reasons To Go Greek This Semester

Go greek, y'all. You won't regret it.

51
4 BIG Reasons To Go Greek This Semester
KSU Department of Fraternity & Sorority Life

Greek life is a big part of any college campus. People involved in Greek organizations typically are more involved with campus life and clubs, have higher grades, and will make a bigger network to further them in life. Greeks are leaders, scholars, focused on their character, personal development, and spend a vast majority of their time working with their philanthropy. If you’re anything like me, you went back and forth on deciding if you want to go Greek. Well, I did and it was one of the best decision of my life (I love you Alpha Chi Omega): here are some reason myself and my friends went Greek, you should too!

1. Sisterhood

This is the obvious one. Sorority life brings you the closest of friendships. Your sisterhood doesn’t just lie within your pledge class, or your chapter. Once you are affiliated with an organization you meet sisters all the time from all over the place. Often these sisters and this association can help you build a network to get jobs, internships and build you career. Better than the professional world of sisterhoods, these girls who have the same letters on their t-shirt will be the ones there for you when no one else will be. The girls in your organization are the ones who will always be down to go grab lunch, watch a movie, and spend time together. You will always have people to support you in the transition from high school to college, help you work through and make important decisions, and be your shoulder to cry on. You sisters are the ones to pull all-nighters in the library with you when you just can’t seem to get all that homework done. These are also the girls standing beside you when you say your vows, when you have kids. The friendships and bonds you share from going Greek will be the best friendship you ever have.

2. Leadership, Personal Growth, and Confidence

A sorority gives countless opportunities for leadership. As a sister, you attend multiple leadership conferences, workshops, and trainings that help build you as sisters, and people. You have opportunities to serve on Exec, as a chair, or just rallying troops to host a sisterhood event. Your sisters will applaud you when you succeed and help you rebuild when you fail. No one will be more honest with you about where you are in your walk of life because no one loves you more. These girls want to see you succeed and will do anything and everything in their power to help you become the best, and truest form of yourself.

3. Home Away from Home

Your sisterhood is something bigger than yourself. Its people who are always looking out for your wellbeing, and only want what’s best for you; you the same for them. You are a family, literally you get a Big (ILLY A MILLI MAGS), GBig, and a whole Fam. But you also get girls who will be there anytime you call them to help you. College age girls pretty much all go through the same things so it’s nice to have someone(s) to lean on. College gets hard, but your sisters make it bearable.

4. Social Events

This is not to say you cannot be a part of fun social events, these things are just more fun and often a more comfortable place when you’re in a sorority. Mixers with fraternities, date parties, semi, formal, homecoming, and philanthropy events are some of Greek lives favorite memories of college.

Special thanks to my super adorable friends for helping me with this article!

Caitlyn Dills-Pi Beta Phi

Abbey Brown-Alpha Xi Delta

Maddie Payne-Kappa Delta

Janie Nicholson-Alpha Xi Delta

Meredith Shields-Alpha Xi Delta

Erin Jenkins-Alpha Delta Pi

Allie Brooks-Kappa Alpha Theta

Kameron Forrestier-Sigma Kappa