4 Beaches That Will Turn You Into A Beach Bum
popular

Clearwater Beach isn't the only nice beach in Florida.

921
Maciej Serafinowicz

We all know Florida is known for it's gators, oranges, palm trees, and crazy people on bath salts LOL ! But, we can't forget get about our beautiful beaches. When I was a teenager the only beach my friends and I went to was Clearwater Beach, while it is nice it's a bit too poppin' for my taste. So here's a list of some low-key but equally beautiful and fun beaches here in Florida!

1. Indian Rocks Beach

Just a brief drive from Tampa or St. Petersburg, Indian Rocks Beach located in the cutest little beach town offers nearly three miles of beautiful and accessible beaches along the glittering Gulf of Mexico. What I really enjoyed about this beach is the fact that they had recycling bins located right next to the trash cans. Each recycle can had a cute little saying, "In the can, not the sand!" Another great perk is that if you come on the right day you can enjoy some pretty big waves, so don't forget your body board! OH and make sure you stop my Keegan's Seafood Grille for some bomb grouper and yummy salted caramel cheesecake for desert.

2. Maderia Beach

Also known as Mad Beach is one of my fave beaches to visit when I want to catch a beautiful sunset and just relax with not many people around. My boyfriend and I tend to go to this beach more often than not for the warm waters and sand bar that's not too far out. You can find some beautiful shells here too! Check out Rick's Reef when you leave for another amazing seafood place that is super yummy and casual , so wearing your bathing suit and wet shorts will be just fine !

3. Turtle Beach

Located in Siesta Key, Turtle Beach is known for the large number of sea turtles that nest on the shore. This beach is truly unique where the sand is a bit grittier than most beaches but none the less the water is so blue it almost feels like you're not in Florida but some place overseas ! Keep an eye out for some turtles migrating to the water !

4. Sunset Beach

Sunset Beach is a residential beachfront community and beach located at the southern tip of Treasure Island, Florida in Pinellas County. A smaller beach but filled with so many beautiful shells and a cute little boardwalk! Keep your eye out for some painted rocks that you can either keep or replace with your own! The name suits this beach where the sunsets are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen!

Catch ya at the beach :D