39 Thanksgiving Table Topics To Avoid

39 Thanksgiving Table Topics To Avoid Unless You WANT To Argue With Your Family

All together now: "... OK, boomer."

8137

Ah, Thanksgiving. A classic family structure: idyllic, loving, and - who am I kidding? It's election season! Thanksgiving is a time for eating turkey, watching football, expressing gratitude, and trying to ignore racist comments from your grandfather!

While many people choose to steer clear of controversial subjects in family dinner discussions, others use this time to have a (hopefully) respectful dialogue about relevant current events. The following topics are polarizing issues over which everybody has an opinion!

1. "Fake News"

2. Cultural appropriation

3. The differing accounts of what the first Thanksgiving was actually like

4. Brexit

5. The ending of 'Game of Thrones'

6. 2003 Invasion of Iraq

7. The current impeachment of President Trump

8. Crunchy vs. creamy peanut butter

9. If we approve of the newest Bachelor or... like, is he too boring?

10. Black Lives Matter

11. Feminism

12. The ongoing Israeli-Palestinian conflict

13. Sexual orientation

14. The "Flat Earth Society"

15. The Kardashian-Jenner family

16. Vegetarianism/veganism

17. Healthcare

18. Whether Queen or The Beatles had a greater cultural impact

19. #MeToo or #TimesUp

20. Vaccines

21. The existence of aliens

22. Marriage, or, for that matter, divorce

23. The Big Bang Theory (the sitcom TV show or the scientific concept, honestly)

24. The assassination of President John F. Kennedy

25. Marijuana

26. That one viral photo of Ellen Degeneres hanging out with President George W. Bush at a football game

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFfnd0gUPic

27. Guns

28. The Catholic Church

29. Genetic engineering

30. Breitbart

31. Environmental actions

32. Evangelism

33. Handling of the 2005 Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans

34. If TikTok is the new Vine

35. Sigmund Freud

36. ADHD in children

37. Immigration

38. Whether or not "Texas is back"

(Spoiler: Texas ain't.)

39. SeaWorld

Happy holidays!