37 Ways To Save Money As A College Student

Try these tips so you aren't a broke college student

3

College life is hard and making money is even harder. Everyone knows the one attribute that applies to most students is that they are broke. That is not incorrect. There are ways to be less broke than you already are though.

1. Learn how to DIY

2. Rent your textbooks

3. Utilize your meal plan

4. Don't pass up free food

5. Stack up on plastic silverware and condiments when you go to fast food restaurants

6.Get a water bottle and use it

7. Don't eat out a lot

8. Don't buy a gym membership, just go to your school gym that is free and use apps to help workout

9. Thrift your clothes

10. Use public transportation or ride a bike

11. Don't impulse buy

12. Don't grocery shop when you're hungry

13. Chill out with smoking and drinking

14. Use other people's things if they allow you to

15. Sign up for free trials and then cancel them

16. Pay your bills on time

17. Don't go crazy on your credit card, so you can pay it back and build good credit

18. Get a phone plan with unlimited features that is inexpensive

19. Watch movies for free online

20. Sell your stuff you don't use on an app like Poshmark or eBay

21. Split costs with your friends for utilities and food

22. If your school offers you free things then take it

23. Use a laptop over notebooks

24. Don't buy unnecessary school supplies

25. Apply for food stamps if you can

26. Get a pet after college don't add another expense and responsibility to your list

27. Go to class, you already paid for it

28. APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS!

29. Go to the free things your campus offers like games, movies and museums

30. Make your own coffee

31. Consider being a CA or RA. They get free room and board

32. Do your laundry at somebody else's place as much as you can

33. Buy generic over name brand

34. Enter contests for prizes and free money

35. Use a free tool to keep track of your expenses and budget yourself

36. Prioritize yourself- pay off the most important things first

37. Put money aside every week in a spot to use as "fun money"