33 Verses From The Holy Quran That Will Light The Torch For You At Your Darkest Times

Light your torch and know that Allah is leading the way.

1717
Unsplash / Charl van Rooy

You're at an all-time low. You've officially exhausted all possible outlets, but still, you find yourself sinking deeper into your own despair. You may feel alone and helpless, to say the least.

To be completely honest you don't even want to search for help or a way out anymore because what's the point? You just want to accept your situation and live the miserable life you were given.

If you've reached this stage, then know that Allah has already been waiting for you since the beginning, but you overlooked him. Depression and self-deprecation isn't the way to go, especially for a believer. Focusing on the issue won't make it go away, instead, it'll feed it. Flip your focus on the only one who can provide you with a solution. Light your torch and know that Allah is leading the way.

1. O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient 2:153

2. Indeed, after hardship, there is ease 94:6

3. I entrust my affairs unto God. Truly, Allah is aware of His servants 40:44

4. And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. 25:63

5. Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, “When (will come) the Help of Allah?” Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near! 2:214

6. And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient. 2:155

7. Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." 39:53

8. By which Allah guides those who pursue His pleasure to the ways of peace and brings them out from darknesses into the light, by His permission, and guides them to a straight path. 5:16

9. And incline not toward those who do wrong, lest the Fire should touch you, and you have no protectors other than Allah, nor you would then be helped. 11:113

10. Call upon me, I will respond to you 40:60

11. And Allah would not punish them while they seek forgiveness 8:33

12. So remember me; I will remember you 2:152

13. And He has made me blessed wherever I am 19:31

14. And whoever puts all his trust in Allah (SWT), He will be enough for him 65:1

15. If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor] 14:7

16. And He found you lost and guided [you] 93:7

17. It may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know 2:216

18. My mercy embraces all things 7:156

19. My success can only come from Allah 11:88

20. And the they planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners. 3:54

21. The good deed and the bad deed are not the same. Return evil with good 41:34

22. Allah (SWT) does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear 2:286

23. Did he not realize that Allah is watching? 96:14

24. Hold firmly to the rope of Allah 3:103

25. Do what is beautiful. Allah loves those who do what is beautiful 2:195

26. Indeed, my Lord is the Hearer of Supplication 14:30

27. And Allah is the best of providers 62:11

28."...and He is with you wherever you are" 57:4

29. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception 3:185

30. Sufficient for us is Allah, and He is the best Disposer of affairs 3:173

31. Say, “It is Allah who saves you from it and from every distress then you [still] associate others with Him 7:204

32. If you are grateful, I will give you more 14:7

33. If Allah helps you, none can overcome you; and if He forsakes you, who is there that can help you? And in Allah (alone) let believers put their trust 3:160