33 Times "Drake and Josh" Has Summed Up Your First Year Of College

83
google images

One of the greatest shows of my late childhood, my generation can agree with me, was Drake and Josh. The endless supply of one-liners, sarcasm, and life lessons are essential to making it through your semester. Here are 33 times that Drake and Josh related to your first year of college.

1. When you met your RA for the first time

I mean we just escaped the parentals, give us a break. Some of us, however, are lucky to have cool RAs who honestly don't care about your crazy shenanigans, as long as you don't lock yourself out repeatedly (me).

2. When local restaurants and organizations offer free food

3. When you realized that your class load is nothing like high school

4. When you meet new people that come from far states

5. When Commons doesn't have the one dessert that they promise

That stupid coconut cream cupcake was supposed to be my cheat food. Not the same freaking cookies that were there last night

6. When you're not entirely sure if the food at Commons is edible

Is this pork tenderloin not cutting because these knives are dull or...? Why does the cheese look like burnt plastic?

7. When you meet an attractive person in one of your classes

*cough* guy in my statistics class *cough*

8. When you come to the realization that you can't possibly make a decent breakfast before your 9 a.m.

Plus us college students are too broke to buy nutritious and healthy food

9. When you have no motivation to walk across campus to work out

10. When your professor requires you to take all notes but breezes through the PowerPoint

One slide should not have 15 bullet points in the font size of 18. Psycho.

11. When your professor gives you an impossible assignment

6 pages of single-spaced research, due by next class.

12. When your emotional breakdowns become as constant as your assignments

13. When the coffee doesn't kick-in in time for your 9 a.m.

14. When you know that you have to get up for an early morning class, but still choose to stay up until 2 a.m. every night

Learn from my poor choices, please

15. When you totally feel productive enough to tackle your homework over the weekend, only to be surprised at how much it actually is

16. When you crammed for an exam but it was still incredibly hard

17. When you go home for break and get the chance to see your friends

S/O: I MISS YOU GUYS

18. When your professor asks you the question that absolutely no one knows the answer to

19. When none of your friends can meet you for dinner

Still love you guys though

20. When procrastination gets the best of you

21. When you don't have the motivation to be productive

22. When you try to rationalize the events of your bad week

23. When you decide to room with your best friend next semester

decorations and all

24. When you get an email saying "Free"

shirts, food, water bottles, anything, everything

25. When your professor randomly cancels your class

LUCKY DAYS. This means you can lay in bed with Netflix all day. No shame

26. When your professor doesn't cancel class when they obviously should

Snow storm, flooding, hurricane, icy sidewalks, tornado

27. When your roommate and you have your weekly venting sessions

Whenever anything stresses either of you out, all it takes is an hour of venting. Easy stress relief. Following topics include, but are not limited to; Family, classmates, assignments, life in general.

28. When you desperately miss any, and all interaction with animals

Dog walkers on campus are a blessing. Having the Humane Society so close is also a bonus. You know it's bad when you contemplate hiding a hamster because fish die too often.

29. When you analyze the assignment requirements after you pour 5 hours of time and energy into working on it

30. When you ace an exam that you had no idea what it was even on

31. When your dorm wants to conserve money and energy by not turning on the A/C until late April

When it has been 80 degrees and humid for the past 3 weeks

32. When you know that the bathrooms haven't been cleaned since Friday morning and you need to take a shower on Sunday night

and you have to share one shower stall with 9 other girls

33. When you realize that all you have left of your first year of college are finals

summer is right there my friends. Enjoy the calm before finals. Good Luck!