32 "One Tree Hill" Quotes To Live Your Life By

There is only One Tree Hill, and it's your home.

2280
Life & Style Magazine

“One Tree Hill” is one of those shows that messes with your emotions. You go from hating one character in the show, to loving them and wanting what’s best for them. You get to watch Brooke, Haley, Peyton, Lucas, and Nathan all grow up and find themselves. As you watch, a part of you grows with them. Below are 32 of the best and most influential quotes from the show that can and will change your life.

1. “It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re seventeen and planning for someday, and then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today, and that someday is yesterday and this is your life...” – One Tree Hill
  2. “Every song ends, but is that any reason to not enjoy the music?” – Peyton Sawyer
  3. “Love is a wonderful thing. And it doesn’t knock much, so when it does, make sure to open the door.” – Brooke Davis
  4. “You can drive at age 16, go to war at 18, drink at 21, and retire at 65. So who can say what age you have to be to find your true love?” – One Tree Hill
  5. “Somebody told me that this is the place where everything’s better and everything’s safe.” – One Tree Hill
  6. “Stand up for what you believe in. The truth matters, so tell it, no matter what.” – Haley James Scott
  7. “It’s not about what you say, it’s about what you do. You don’t like the person you’ve become then do something about it, because no one’s gonna do it for you” –Peyton Sawyer
  8. “Realize now that when your heart breaks, you got to fight like hell to make sure you’re still alive. Because you are. And that pain you feel? That’s life. The confusion and fear? That’s there to remind you, that somewhere out there is something better and that something is worth fighting for.” – Nathan Scott
  9. “People are all gonna label you. But it’s how you overcome those labels. That’s what matters.” – Brooke Davis
  10. “Love means giving chances when there are no more chances left to give.” – One Tree Hill
  11. “And if you’re lucky, I mean, if you’re the luckiest person on this entire planet. The person you love decides to love you back.” –One Tree Hill
  12. “There’s a day when you realize that you are not just a survivor. You’re a warrior. You’re tougher than anything life throws your way. And you are.” – One Tree Hill
  13. “That pain in your stomach, that pain in your heart, it goes away. That voice in your head telling you there’s no way out, it’s wrong. It gets better.” – Keith Scott
  14. “It’s hard missing someone, but if you miss someone that means you’re lucky, it means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing.” – Nathan Scott
  15. “Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone, and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.” – One Tree Hill
  16. “Most people are stronger than they know. They just forget to believe in it sometimes.” – Keith Scott
  17. “If you don’t ask for something you can’t just expect for it to happen, you know? –Skills
  18. “Sometimes you have to step outside the person you’ve been and remember the person you were meant to be. The person you want to be. The person you are.” – One Tree Hill
  19. “At the end of the day, it’s the choices you make that count.” –Lucas Scott
  20. “There’s no shame in being afraid. Hell, we’re all afraid. What you gotta do is figure out what you’re afraid of because when you can put a face on it, you can beat it. Better yet, you can use it.” – Whitey Durham
  21. “I spent a lot of time searching for reasons and answers. But you can’t find what’s not there.” –Whitey Durham
  22. “Six Billion People in the world, six billion souls, and sometimes all you need is one.” – One Tree Hill
  23. “Sometimes life has a way of finding you with exactly what you need or exactly who you need.” – One Tree Hill
  24. “I think everybody deserves a shot. If you really want something bad enough, no one has the right to stand in your way.” –Peyton Sawyer
  25. “Sometimes, I think we waste our words and we waste our moments, and we don’t take the time to say the things that are in our hearts when we have the chance.” – One Tree Hill
  26. “Most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you’ll get everything you wished for. Maybe, you’ll get more than you ever could’ve imagined. Who knows where life will take you, the road is long, and in the end…the journey is the destination.” –Whitey Durham
  27. “Sometimes pain becomes such a huge part of your life that you expect it to always be there because you can’t remember a time in your life when it wasn’t. But then one day you feel something else…Something that feels wrong, but only because it’s so unfamiliar, and in that moment, you realize you’re happy.” – One Tree Hill
  28. “Sometimes people have to cry out all their tears to make room for a heart full of smiles.” – Jamie Scott
  29. “I feel like people get lost when they think of happiness as a destination. But happiness is a mood and it’s a condition, not a destination; it’s like being tired or hungry, it’s not permanent. It comes and goes and that’s okay and I feel like if people thought of it that way, they’d find happiness more often." – Julian Baker
  30. “Do you ever wonder if we make the moments in our lives, or if the moments in our lives make us?” – Lucas Scott
  31. “When a girl is in love, you can see it in her smile. When a guy is in love, you can see it in his eyes.” – One Tree Hill
  32. “…We spend so much time wanting, pursuing, wishing – but ambition is good, chasing things with integrity is good, dreaming. If you had a friend you knew you’d never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it, do it. Don’t wait. Nothing lasts forever. Make a wish, place it in your hear. Anything you want, everything you want. Do you have it? Good, now believe it can come true. You never know where the next miracle is going to come from, the next memory, the next smile, the next wish come true. But, if you believe that its right around the corner, and you open your heart and mind to the possibility of it, to the certainty of it, you just might get the thing you wish for. The world is full of magic, you just have to believe in it. So make your wish, do you have it? Good. Now believe in it with all your heart.” – One Tree Hill