30 Songs That Will Make You Stop In Your Tracks

"If there ever comes a time when *insert song* doesn't make me stop in my tracks, please just punch me in the face."

952

I have a running joke with my sister that goes something like, "If there ever comes a time when *insert song* doesn't make me stop in my tracks, please just punch me in the face." You know the songs. They give you goosebumps from the very first note. You stop whatever you're doing, and I mean whatever, just to listen. And if you weren't listening close enough, you start the song over as many times as needed to soak it all in.

There's a little bit of everything thrown in this list, but country music fills my heart with wildflowers and sunshine, it's what I was raised on, so it will always reign as king.

1. Somebody Else- the 1975

Remember that joke I mentioned earlier. Somebody Else is normally the song that fills in the blank. It's my favorite.

2. Whiskey Lullaby- Brad Paisley feat. Alison Krause

If this song doesn't give you chills, I don't know what will.

3. She's Got This Thing About Her- Chris Young

A relatively unknown song from country crooner Chris Young, this is one you need to add to your playlist ASAP.

4. Amarillo By Morning- George Strait

Every time I listen to Amarillo By Morning, I always do some air drums towards the middle of the song, and my mom always laughs.

5. Remember When- Alan Jackson

How can this song not give you chills?

6. I'm Already There- Lonestar

I get choked up just thinking about this song.

7. Sweet Creature- Harry Styles

I love Harry more than anything in the world, that is all, bye.

8. The Chain- Fleetwood Mac

This is the perfect song to belt out when you're in the car alone... or with others, whatever floats your boat.

9. Burn- Phillipa Soo

SO. MUCH. EMOTION.

10. Same Old Lang Syne- Dan Fogelberg

Ah, yes. This song stops time and sends you back to 80's prom night.

11. Hallelujah- Rufus Wainwright

Yes, it's from Shrek. And yes, it's a damn good song.

12. People- Barbara Streisand

My sister is a theater nut, and I've always said that if she doesn't star in Funny Girl at some point in her life, I'm disowning her.

13. I Know Where I've Been- Queen Latifah

There is only one word that comes to mind when this song plays: passion.

14. Everybody Loves Somebody- Dean Martin

For me, Dean's voice sounds like home.

15. Nana- the 1975

Sweet and simple, just how I like it.

16. The Greatest Love Of All- Whitney Houston

There will never be another Whitney, ever. Queen.

17. My Way- Frank Sinatra

Just like Dean, Frank is home.

18. Just a Dream- Carrie Underwood

Queen of country music, and basically the world.

19. Dear Hate- Marren Morris & Vince Gill

Released after the Vegas Shooting, this song is 100000% chill-inducing.

20. Supermarket Flowers- Ed Sheeran

Ed could sing me his grocery list and I'd still swoon.

21. Huckleberry- Toby Keith

This one is for my mom.

22. Skin (Sarabeth)- Rascal Flatts

If you don't stop everything you're doing and cry when this song comes on, you're not human. End of story.

23. Everywhere- Tim McGraw

This one is for my dad.

24. Three Wooden Crosses- Randy Travis

Classic country to stop you in your tracks.

25. Heart To Heart- Toby Keith

My family always joked that this song was about my brother and my dad, so it really hits me in the heart.

26. Concrete Angel- Martina McBride

When I was younger, I physically could not listen to this song because I would cry every single time. Flash forward, I still cry, I'm just better at hiding it.

27. My Wish- Rascal Flatts

This song was played at my dad's funeral and it's never been the same.

28. Forever Country- Artists of Now, Then & Forever

The most iconic mashup country music has ever witnessed.

29. I Cross My Heart- George Strait

My parents' wedding song. Need I say more.

30. Does That Blue Moon Ever Shine On You- Toby Keith

Nothing better than classic 90's country.

There you have it, folks. 30 songs to stop you in your tracks and make you feel alive. You're welcome.