30 Signs You Went To Rolla High School

30 Signs You Went To Rolla High School

Home of the Bulldogs.

77
30 Signs You Went To Rolla High School
Peak Sport and Spine

Whether or not you enjoyed attending Rolla High School, you must admit that some memories you made there will never be forgotten. Some stories we will reminisce on, and even tell our future kids. Best known for our diversity, there was always something going on within the school. Once a Bulldog, always a Bulldog.

1. We lived for the chilly Friday nights bundled up in our letterman jackets watching the football team.

2. After fall was basketball season, where the successful team put on a show for the home crowd at least once a week. An away game? No problem. The student section took a pep bus, or would all drive up even if it meant getting heckled by the home team.

3. Let’s not forget the crazy student themes we had for these games. Merica’ night and White Trash Bash always turned out successful.

4. The rivalry between Waynesville and Rolla was insane and even a bit dangerous at times.

5. Seniors looked forward to senior pranks and how to pull them off successfully while getting in the least amount of trouble possible.

6. If you didn’t get to school early enough, you had no other choice but to park in the gravel lot. If you had to leave for A+ at any point during the day, the gravel lot was your only option.

7. Walking down the parking lot to get to school was an especially difficult task when there was snow or ice out.

8. Nothing was better than walking in the bottom entrance and being greeted by Miss Holly or Drew.

9. Everyone took pride in hometown Olympian athlete Chantae McMillan, even if athletes knew they’d never surpass her school records.

10. Our band is better than you think, and always impressed during pep assemblies and halftime shows.

11. “ATP!” - Mr. Sells

12. Having to wait a whole summer to get your yearbook from the previous school year.

13. If you’re a picky eater, you best be bringing your lunches to school. If you need to use the microwave, get there as quick as you can to avoid the line. Third lunch was always the best lunch.

14. Prom is the best school dance every year.

15. Mrs. Grisham is one of the greatest teachers to have ever taught at Rolla High School. That woman deserves a Nobel Prize.

16. The all too familiar tardy marches that occurred at least once a school year.

17. Dodgeball in competitive PE was always the highlight of Fridays.

18. Pride Rewards were fun, but if you didn’t receive them, you were miserable during Pride Time. (The library was the best place to go during Pride Time.)

19. Core lunches were also fun, unless you were the only one out of your friend group stuck in the cafeteria.

20. Asking to go to the bathroom sometimes meant you’d walk around for 15 minutes and visit your friends in other classrooms.

21. The gym was always 100,000 degrees.

22. Going to classes at RTC or RTI were always a blast, until you got kicked out (Kelston Burgess).

23. Don’t be that one student late or absent to class when the principals were giving out cookies.

24. Third floor English rooms were the hottest classrooms in the school.

25. The library was the hangout during Pride Time.

26. Mrs. Hines was the coolest substitute teacher to ever have.

27. Everyone helped everyone in Ms. Green’s classes.

28. Always use the left water fountain. Always.

29. “We’re getting out at one.” – The infamous Parker Nesbitt

30. Being able to do the B-U-L-L-D-O-G-S chant at every pep assembly, sporting event, and even one last time at graduation.

We are Rolla High School. Maybe, just maybe, you'll end up missing high school after all.