Throughout his acting career, Leonardo DiCaprio has received six Academy Award nominations. This year, he received his sixth Academy Award nomination for his stellar performance in the film, "The Revenant." It is no secret that DiCaprio is an amazing actor, which is why many of his fans and colleagues wonder why he has been so unlucky at the Academy Awards. I mean, seriously! Just take a look at the following movie titles that, before this year, he was nominated for the "Best Actor In A Leading Role" category: "The Aviator" (2004), "Blood Diamond" (2006), and "The Wolf Of Wall Street" (2013). Leo has also received a nomination for the "Best Actor In A Supporting Role" category for his performance in the film, "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" (1994); and, as a producer, he received a second nomination for his film, "The Wolf Of Wall Street," for the "Best Motion Picture Of The Year" category. Although DiCaprio has been unsuccessful at the Academy Awards thus far, hopefully this is Leo's year to shine. This year, DiCaprio's competition for the "Best Actor In A Leading Role" category are: Bryan Cranston ("Trumbo"), Michael Fassbender ("Steve Jobs"), Eddie Redmayne ("The Danish Girl"), and Matt Damon ("The Martian"). Although each of these nominated actors had stellar performances in their respective films (I mean, that's why they were nominated in the first place, right?), DiCaprio's performance in "The Revenant" is definitely amazing enough to get him his first "W" at the 88th Academy Awards ceremony on February 28th, 2016. Whether he wins or loses, however, you can count on the internet exploding with memes and gifs that either depict how elated DiCaprio is to win his first Oscar, or how devastated he is to lose for the sixth time in his acting career. Until then, here are 31 hilarious Oscar-themed Leonardo DiCaprio memes (which includes one gif):
3. The most popular memes satirize how Leo lost the "Best Actor In A Leading Role" award to one of his co-stars in "The Wolf Of Wall Street," Matthew McConaughey, but it was for a totally different movie ("Dallas Buyers Club"). Just take a look at this meme:
4. And this one:
5. Another one!
6. Poor Leo....
10. This just makes you feel bad for the guy:
13. This one though:
14. There are also hundreds of memes that narrate what was going on in Leo's head just before the winner of his category was announced, and after he realized that he was not the winner.
20. It's okay, Leo. They're just jealous.
1. Crimped Hair
2. Straightened Side Bangs With Curly Hair
3. Jeans under skirts
4. A "poof" with two braids
...thanks Lizzie Mcguire
5. The solo "poof" with straight hair
Lauren Conrad made this acceptable, right?
6. All silver or light blue eye shadow
7. Too Much Eyeliner
8. "Emo" hair
10. Tank Tops Over T-Shirts
11. Those "shrug" Half Sweaters that tied in the middle *cringe*
12. The uggs, graphic t, jean skirt, and leggings combo.
13. Stretching our tank tops way down under a tight T-shirt... Layers are trendy, right?
One of the greatest shows of all time (at least in my opinion) is Golden Girls. I was not born yet when it first aired in 1985, but thankfully it is on Hulu. Here are just some of the many quotes from the series's seven-year run.