3 Tips for Using Sex Toys With a Partner

If you want to start using more sex toys with a sexual partner or introduce them to the bedroom in general, you may not know where to start. What should you do to ensure everyone is on the same page and communication is clear?

14

.

If you want to start using more sex toys with a sexual partner or introduce them to the bedroom in general, you may not know where to start. What should you do to ensure everyone is on the same page and communication is clear? Are there specific steps you should follow so there’s more pleasure than discomfort? And how do you learn which toys a partner might want to play with? If you have any of these questions, researching for good answers may be necessary for everyone involved.

If you want to learn more about using sex toys for maximum pleasure and safety, you’re in the right place to start. We know how important sex can be for many people, and adding sex toys to the mix may be precisely what you need for a sexual partnership to continually feel fulfilled. But this isn’t as simple as looking up “dildos for sale” on your favorite search engine, as there are a few other things you should do before you start looking up new toys.

If you’re ready to get into the nitty gritty before looking for dildos for sale, please continue reading for our thoughts on the matter. We know how important it is to communicate and maintain safety with our partners, regardless of the dynamics or kinks you want to include. If that aligns with what you need, the following suggestions will help you communicate with your partner and find the perfect toys and dildos for sale that meet your desires.

1. Talk to Your Partner

One of the first things you must do before adding toys to the bedroom is to ensure everyone involved is on the same page. If you’re only interested in solitary play, you may not need to spend as much time and care evaluating what you need. However, if any number of partners is involved, we strongly suggest you talk with everyone so each person’s wants and needs might be met.

Regarding toys, several things should be considered. You may want to consider a few different questions and conversation topics with each partner, including the following:

• Do you want to be the receiving or giving partner?
  • How large or small do you want toys to be? Do you have a reference point?
  • What’s your budget for toys?
  • Do you want to entertain toys outside of insertables and vibrators?
  • How do you feel about (insert kink or type of play here) play?
  • How do you want to communicate while we’re playing? Safe words or signs?
  • Would you like to look at new toys with me?
  • When we play with new toys for the first time, do we feel comfortable introducing other variables to sexual activity? Bondage? Restricting other senses? In neutral territory?

There may be several other necessary questions and topics for discussion to get through with your partner before you decide to get started, but this is a great starting point. Depending on how long you have been partners with someone or how often you’ve played together, the answers may become immediately understood without the extra discussion. However, even if answers feel obvious to you, they may not be apparent to your partners, or someone may want to reevaluate their needs. This is an excellent opportunity to reevaluate needs and wants.

2. Consider Your Lube

Before you start playing, we recommend you also consider what lubricants you want to include. Especially if you may be playing anally or don’t naturally produce lubrication, you may want to add lube to your shopping list. But why is this the case? Depending on the type of toys and protection you want to use, your favorite lube may not mix well.

To prevent any risks with lubrication, make sure your lube is water-based for most play scenarios. While water-based lube may not keep you slippery for as long as other types, other lubricants may pose certain risks. For example, oil-based lube may erode STIs and pregnancy-preventing condoms, making them ineffective. We only recommend using oil-based lubricant with partners who have tested negative for STIs and—if you want to avoid pregnancy—if you are taking extra steps to avoid conception.

Silicone-based lube may also pose some problems. While this may not be the case with toys made from wood, glass, or other materials, silicone is likely to react with silicone-based toys and dildos for sale. If you know your favorite toy is made with any percentage of silicone, or if you can’t be sure what your toys are made of, please refrain from using silicone-based lubricant in the bedroom.

3. Search Up Toys and Dildos for Sale

Unless your partner wants to be surprised or doesn’t have any strong preferences for toys, we recommend looking for toys with the other individuals who are likely to be involved in sexual activity with you. This will help ensure everyone’s wants and needs are met, and budgets followed.

This may also be the point where, if you don’t have a favorite sex toy retailer, you start researching different brands and toy types. If you’re interested in impact play and want a particular sensation, don’t be afraid to learn more about which toys might be best for you. If you only want insertion, look at what other options might be available to change up the pleasure types. Even if you have a particular kink or play style, there should be a broad spectrum of toys on the market for you to try.