3 Stages Of Writing An Essay

3 Stages Of Writing An Essay

The stages we all go through when trying to write an essay.

Writing an essay is difficult. And yet, it is required for nearly all classes in all levels of education. I remember fondly my kindergarten essay on domestic economic policies of 1930’s United States. In some career fields, essays are a necessary part of the workload as well. Thus, it is important to know the stages of the essay in order to better create standard and super-standard quality of essay. I hope this is informative to you, the reader.

Stage 1: Procrastination

Whether you wait a few days, or until the night before, procrastination is something every student does. Sometimes you procrastinate because it’s not the most pressing thing on your to-do list. Sometimes it’s because you have not quite figured out what you’re going to write about. A lot of the time it is probably just because you don’t want to do it. You just put it off and put it off, you might even forget about the assignment entirely until the day comes where you have to get it done.

Stage 2: Procrastination + Dying Internally

The time has come… you’re finally getting started. Except you’re not. You’ve got your materials out, you’re ready to work, but you’re not actually working on it. You’re checking your various social media accounts, watching tv, or finding literally any excuse to not do it. But as you do these things, your conscience is constantly reminding you that you need to get to work. You try to work, but inspiration doesn’t come. You just stare at your blank Word document, hoping that the words will just start to flow. You keep trying to figure out how much time you have left to finish in your head… hoping you’ll get it done in time.

Stage 3: Clinical Death

Yes, unfortunately, you have failed your assignment. The spiral of procrastination and its related stress has lead to your death. You’re dead. On the bright side, I guess you don’t need to worry about that failed assignment anymore. Yeah, you probably should’ve just started early.

Well, we just told you the stages of writing an essay. Hope this helped. We tried to be realistic instead of idealistic for the better purposes of your growth in knowledge of this topic. Anyways, good luck with your future essays, and bye.