3 Simple Ways You Can Help Save the Environment

No one person can save the environment, but if everyone does a little to help, you can make a big difference.

11

It's no secret that we are damaging our environment on a daily basis, leading to climate change all over the world. It's impossible to change the world completely on your own, but you can make some simple changes to do your part and help save the environment. Here's how you can make an impact!

Reduce, Recycle, Reuse

Plastic is one of the biggest polluters in the world, and it's something that we use pretty much every single day, knowingly or unknowingly. It's almost impossible to avoid using at least some plastic in your everyday life, but you can still make a difference by being smart about your plastic use. First, try to reduce your plastic use by buying things that don't use plastic packaging. For example, bring your own bags to the grocery store so you don't have to use their plastic bags. If you buy something with plastic, always recycle (if it's recyclable). For things that aren't recyclable or for heavier plastics, try to re-purpose and reuse them for other things you need!

Go Solar

Using coal, gas, or oil-powered electricity is detrimental to the environment, which is why more and more people are turning to solar or wind power to give their homes' electricity. If you're a young college kid, you may think this is completely out of the question, but it's not! Start a petition for your school to use solar panels to help give power to on-campus buildings. Then once you enter adulthood, you can go solar at your home. Make sure you have solar battery storage so you can save power from the sunniest part of the day for you to use at nighttime!

Save Water

It's easy to overlook your water usage, especially if you live somewhere that gets a lot of rain. But droughts happen all the time, and using too much water every day can really impact your environment. Using less water is a simple lifestyle change and if enough people keep this in mind, you all can make a big difference. Make sure to turn the faucet off when you're not using it, and don't spend 20 minutes in the shower singing or getting lost in thought. Save that for when the water is turned off!