3 Reasons Your Alone Season Isn't As Bad As It Seems

Being Alone With God

74
3 Reasons Your Alone  Season Isn't As Bad As It Seems

Proverbs 18:24 “One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.”

As I grow deeper in my relationship with Christ, I notice my friend-list get smaller. I notice that the people I use to be close to are complete opposites to the person I’ve become. Often, I find myself quite lonely and wishing I had more friends to socialize with. However, I’ve learned to be content and embrace my alone seasons and here’s a few reasons why...

You’re Exactly Where You Need To Be

As a college student, I’ve become entirely too busy for my own good. I’m one of those students that takes 'get involved’ way too seriously. My day-to-day duties on campus plus a social life doesn’t leave too much Jesus-time. Unfortunately, in the past, I’ve found myself going the whole day without even thinking about Jesus! And that is a very scary and unhealthy Christian lifestyle. If you’re feeling like every time you look up one of your friends is nowhere to be found, perhaps Jesus is just trying to free up your time so that you remember Him. If you’ve found yourself nearly friendless and are wondering why, there is no need to panic, you’re exactly where you need to be.

Your Growth Is In The Secret Place

If I asked you when was the last time you spent time with Jesus and your answer was anything less than a day, you my friend aren’t spending enough time in the secret place. The secret place is a period of time spent in a secluded place that you go to seek God. In this ‘place’ you get prayers answered, strength renewed, and spiritual growth. And if I might add, it is one of the most essential tools in the Christian walk. Jesus very often went to seek God in secluded areas (I believe this is why He was able to stand against the enemy and fleshly desires). He was and is the ultimate example in the Christian life and if we are to be like Him, we have to make time for Him! Sometimes that means losing friends and/or activities so that we can have time to seek His face.

You’re Alone… But Not As Alone As You Think

Worst case scenario: you’re like me. Somewhere wandering in a wilderness season all alone with maybe two good friends that you only get to see maybe twice a week. You may even find yourself slipping into a slight depression when discovering the fun adventures your peers are going on. Well, I’ve got news for you, you’re not as alone as it appears. In fact, you have a friend closer than a brother. A friend that has promised that they would never leave you, or turn their back on you. A friend that won’t ever talk behind your back, pressure you into doing things you don’t want to do, nor put you down. A friend that promised to always be with you, regardless of how much a dark place you’re in or how alone you feel. Sounds like a great friend right? Well, that friend is our Heavenly Father, and He is still that great friend.

If you are going through a tough, lonely season, I want you to know that there is a reason why! But I also want you to know that this season is as good as you make it. You can either embrace it or fight, either way, you have to go through it. And believe me, you don’t want to have to go through it more than once! So, learn and hear what God is telling you in this season; He is intentional and knows what He’s doing so trust Him.