3 Reasons You Should Start a Breakfast Serving Franchise

Breakfast

10

As people rush to eat breakfast on their way to work

the demand for breakfast franchises is growing. If you're thinking about starting a business that offers breakfast food, it may be time to consider buying into a franchise that specializes in this type of cuisine. There are several reasons why starting a franchise could be right for you. One, it allows you to get started with lower overhead costs. Two, it gives your business name recognition as part of a well-known brand. Three — and perhaps most important — you'll have access to much-needed training and support from the franchise's corporate headquarters.

1. Breakfast is a growing market.

There’s a growing market of people who are skipping breakfast, or are eating breakfast foods as snacks. If you can create a breakfast food, or breakfast-related product, you can tap into this growing market. When Breakfast Starts The first hurdle to meeting the demand is finding a way to serve breakfast. This is possible by starting with one market, and then expanding to others — using what you have learned from the handful of customers who are pricing out locations. Actually, several markets are cash cows for this: Greek yogurt markets, grocery stores, bakeries and coffee shops.

Quality Indicators Throughout the business process, it will make sense to create quality indicators at each step of the way. Here are some things to consider as you look to add support to your breakfast business: Name Brand Accreditation All food service franchises need to be registered with The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND). While it's not required to have formal accreditations from this organization, formal recognition will set you apart from other similar businesses, which is very important. In addition, many states require the business to have a “name brand” registered with the state’s department of public health. The higher the name brand recognition or certification number, the better. If you don’t already have it, consider checking the NABDC website to see if you meet the name brand standards. Same goes for cookie cutters, packaging, and advertising.

Training Consumers have more dietary preferences than ever. While there are some people who love to eat oatmeal no matter what time of day, it is important to offer a more extensive menu option to cater specifically to people’s dietary preferences. In order to teach Americans what to and what not to eat, health professionals create NPD programs for both consumers and professionals. This list of registered dietitians The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics can provide a wealth of resources for accreditations.

2. Franchising can help your business grow faster and more profitably.

Franchising is a great way to grow your business because you can bring on more staff to run more locations, which means you can get more customers and make more money. If you’re thinking about franchising your business, the first thing you want to do is to make sure that the market you’re in is franchisable.There are certain standards that each franchisee must adhere to in order to be awarded franchise status. While these standards are essential to obtaining, they aren’t the end-all-be-all when it comes to choosing a franchise. Here are the three questions every new franchisee need to ask them before jumping head first into the frying pan:

3. Questions Franchisees Should Ask Themselves BEFORE Starting a Franchise

• How do I make this work for me?

The first thing you need to figure out is how you’re going to make this work for you. If you’re trying to do a quick rehab job and hope to make a quick $15,000, you’re going to be in trouble. If you’re trying to make a big intro by buying a franchise that uses some of the current fast food creeds, then you’re more likely to hit the ground running and make a strong expansion.

• Will this work in my city/state?

Hopefully you already know the answer to this, but if not, it’s time to get on this. If you’re spending hundreds of thousands on advertising, it’s worthwhile to find out if the market you’re entering is ready for a fast food option. Are there certain communities that generally support chain restaurants that have caused all chains to lose ground in those communities? Can you prove that you can provide a better or a cheaper product than the competition by dedicating your marketing towards communities that are ready for this

• How strong do I need to be?

Finally, it’s important to figure out if you need to be strong to succeed, weaker to avoid issues in the future, or somewhere in between.

Takeaway of the Blog

If you’re interest in owning a breakfast franchise then contact Fransmart today to learn more about the benefits of choosing the all-day restaurant franchise. Also, it’s the goal to help you succeed, and work hard to give you every advantage possible.