3 Novels To Read This Summer If You're A Hopeless Romantic

My expectations about love are suddenly through the roof after reading these books.

61
https://www.pinterest.ie/pin/804103708449721648/

I need to say it- the bar is officially set extremely high for all the romantics out there who believe in love. Summer is a time for new friendships and relationships to blossom, or maybe even a three-month-long fling that may take you by surprise. You never know what is in store for you this season, and that is the pure magic of it. However, with quarantine and social distancing practices still in place, it might be a tad bit harder to find the man of your dreams just yet. But, don't lose hope just yet because these thrilling novels will make you feel like you are living inside of a romance novel- and maybe even help you find clarity on what love is to you and how it comes to you when you least expect it...

1. Me Before You By JoJo Moyes

If any of you have seen this movie and long for a non-cliche love story, then this book is exactly it. It may seem like a classic boy-meets-girl and they hate each other first but then fall in love type of story, but the message of this book holds a much stronger lesson on the depths of love and how realistic it truly is. In desperate attempts to save a quadriplegic from ending his life, Louisa Clark discovers a whole new world outside of her small home town and learns how to live a full life.

Where the Crawdads Sing By Delia Owens

This novel does not exactly scream happy endings and romance, but it does shed a new light on self-love, as Kya learns to love herself because that is the only way she knows how. After being abandoned at a young age by her entire family, Kya, also known as "swamp girl", has to raise herself in the marsh- all alone. Except, she is not truly alone as she discovers her first love, Tate, who introduces her to the vast knowledge there is in all living organisms. The saying "people always leave" is certainly applicable to her life, but she finally learns to give in to love as it is the most powerful feeling in the world. With a side of murder mystery, this thrilling novel will restore your faith in love, as you see it work in mysterious ways in this text.

By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept By Paulo Coelho

I never thought I would be the type of person to believe in marrying your childhood love until I read this book. After being reunited after 11 years, two young lovers try to rekindle their love despite many obstacles they have, come between them. As the boy has to choose between her and religion, the girl is supportive of his love for God but he does not think he can do both. But what makes the girl love the boy so much is his passion and love for Her, and therefore decides to live the same life as him. This short novel can take you on an adventure so unique and powerful, that it makes you realize what true, genuine love looks like in such an authentic fashion. Love can be expressed in many different ways, but they all say the same thing in the end.